Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Graffiti on roadsigns

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Can someone explain who writes the graffiti I see on road signs, in particular the signs in the middle of nowhere that are hard to get to.
Reduce pee now is a standard one but someone has to drive to the sign, park and physically cross out the S & D. Why? A sign near to me is miles from any houses or footpaths so the culprit must drive or cycle.

SAC

May 21, 2014
I prefer the bloke in Bristol who goes around correcting bad grammar in signs, usually incorrect use of apostrophes.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
It must be a low self esteem thing, whereby the only power you have is leave your tag everywhere to prove you exist. Message for anyone reading this who tags...your actions are pathetic, find something worthwhile to do.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
At least they've stopped nicking the top half of the signs for the scrap metal value.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
It must be a low self esteem thing, whereby the only power you have is leave your tag everywhere to prove you exist. Message for anyone reading this who tags...your actions are pathetic, find something worthwhile to do.

I don't think the OP is talking about tagging which is mindless on all levels. Changing a sign to a humorous alternative though is valid comedy in my book (but only if its funny). Some house names are begging for it.

D

Deleted member 2719

Do you mean like this one. :lolol:

Attachments

• speeding.jpg
    speeding.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 497

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I don't think the OP is talking about tagging which is mindless on all levels. Changing a sign to a humorous alternative though is valid comedy in my book (but only if its funny). Some house names are begging for it.

Yes, but who drives miles to do it. For instance, A26 between Uckfield & Lewes. Lewes end at the start of the 50 MPH speed limit and those two curves in the road. It is at least 3 miles from anywhere so who grabs a pen, drives out to the signs, parks dangerously in the road and scribbles out the S & D?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Seeing STOP signs with hammertime appended to them always makes me chuckle.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
No matter how much the River Uck sign is trimmed, someone always finds space to insert the extra consonant.

On one level I admire the dedication to the comedy cause, but at the same time you wonder who has time to do this stuff.

horshamite

Now Saltdeanite.
Nov 16, 2010
The name sign for the village of APSE HEATH on the Isle of Wight often has a piece of black tape stuck on the P to convert it to an R......

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Where you born in Shilbottle by any chance?!?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
As we're on the subject: did they ever send Cruise back, do we know?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
We have a lot of single track roads up here in Cumbria. And consequently, we have a lot of 'PASSING PLACE' signs that are regularly altered by removing bits of the A (the one in passing) to leave an I. And on one occasion this was only done to alternate signs over the Corney Fell road - with the ones in between merely missing the first 'P'. It must have taken someone hours - there's around 20 on that road alone.

el punal

Ok, I know this wasn't on a road sign but can anyone explain this.

Some years ago on one of the huge concrete pillars supporting the Shoreham flyover were the words 'DORIS SUCKS' in big, black letters. Clearly visible if you were approaching from Steyning on A283. My question(s) is/are :

Who is Doris, do you know her?

And, does she?

I am, and so are my friends, intrigued. :cheers:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here