Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Clocks going backwards this weekend..

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Would you expect to get paid the extra hour, as a result of the clocks going back, if you were working a night shift?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If paid hourly, yes.

If salaried, then presumably the hour was already 'credited' when the clocks changed in March ?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I've always wondered this

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Yes (and I am salaried). My employer takes the view that if you do the extra hour you get paid for it but when the clocks go forward we're not expected to make the time up. The shift pattern I work (5 week rotating with one of the weeks being nights) means it's unlikely that the same team will work two clock changes in a row.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Yes (and I am salaried). My employer takes the view that if you do the extra hour you get paid for it but when the clocks go forward we're not expected to make the time up. The shift pattern I work (5 week rotating with one of the weeks being nights) means it's unlikely that the same team will work two clock changes in a row.

That’s what I’d expect most businesses would do. I’m working this weekend but didn’t work the weekend when clocks went forward. We’re expected to do the extra hour for no extra payment or time in lieu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Got 2 x hour backs this week as we head back up towards Italy from the Greek Islands. Bonus, more sleep.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
Yes you should get paid but then does it not even out when the clocks change in late March?

D

Deleted member 2719

Would you expect to get paid the extra hour, as a result of the clocks going back, if you were working a night shift?

The club thinks the clocks are going back a day from today it seems, our Sunday match is now being played on Saturday. :dunce:

BHA saints.PNG

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
When I worked nights (watches in the Navy) the morning watch came in half an hour early, so we only had to stay 30 minutes extra following a 10 hour watch. The morning watch was 8am to 12.30pm so an extra 30 mins to them, just made it 5 hours.
It was the same every March and October.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not done shift work for 10 years, but if paid hourly you get paid for it. If salaried then officially you worked it for nothing else. However what we did was split the last hour on both clock changes between us.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

Not sure about the clocks going "backwards" but I'd expect hours worked to include all hours worked whether spring forward or fall back.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm on nights tomorrow. We'll get paid the extra hour, and they don't expect us to make it up when the reverse happens in spring.

A ten hour Saturday night shift instead of the standard nine, when it's payday for most people, and also the nearest weekend to Halloween too. It's going to be SMASHING, I'm sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here