Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] 'Carabao Cup' draw rigged?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Another total farce has seen the 'Carabao Cup' quarter final draw delayed by 2 hours due to 'technical difficulties', then announced via a pre-recorded video. The 'big four' sides have avoided each other...

Coincidence?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Technical difficulties! All they had to do was pick 8 balls out of a bag.

Very fishy.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The draws have been a total farce, teams being drawn twice. John Salako getting confused by what H & A could possibly stand for, technical delays. Still the FL have whored themselves out for the sponsorship this season so only have themselves to blame.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Technical difficulties to ensure that the sponsor trended on Twitter.

The issues with each draw just basically devalues the League Cup even further.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Technical difficulties to ensure that the sponsor trended on Twitter.

The issues with each draw just basically devalues the League Cup even further.

^ This. The Big 6 don't see it as a priority as they're more concerned with their European escapades, whilst smaller clubs prioritise the League. There's not many who would miss it if it stopped existing.

On a side note has anyone ever seen Carabao for sale anywhere outside of the Madeski? Because I'm pretty sure I haven't.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Donald.JPG

The draw was fine, this is a fake thread. :thumbsup:

el punal

^ This. The Big 6 don't see it as a priority as they're more concerned with their European escapades, whilst smaller clubs prioritise the League. There's not many who would miss it if it stopped existing.

On a side note has anyone ever seen Carabao for sale anywhere outside of the Madeski? Because I'm pretty sure I haven't.

What or who is Carabao? Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's . . . ?

By the way my friends and I were, for years, trying to work out who Everton's shirt sponsors of the 1970/80s HAFNIA were. It turned out they were a Danish cold meat supplier.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

By the way my friends and I were, for years, trying to work out who Everton's shirt sponsors of the 1970/80s HAFNIA were. It turned out they were a Danish cold meat supplier.

It's a water buffalo.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Whoops nearly didn't read this - thought it was Spam:wink:

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012

I found a caribou cup for sale, does that count?
8ae26719e3bdc96653791c03874d8dc7--coffee-talk-coffee-coffee.jpg

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Seen it in loads of newsagents and cornershops in Brighton.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Doubt its rigged, but it is pathetic. Thats four draws in a row with problems!

That's next year's Haribo sponsorship up the swannee, then.

All in all - what a load of bollocks. It is only beacause it is being mentioned here that I'm guessing this is the League cup and not some sort of Freight Rover trophy, football combinations, nonentityship.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
View attachment 90568

The draw was fine, this is a fake thread. :thumbsup:

Didn't say it WAS rigged, just that it's very suspect. Not as much global appeal and exposure for sponsors when the likes of Southampton, Cardiff, Birmingham, Bradford, Swansea and so on are in the final as they have been in recent years. The way they've gone about having the draw in Bangkok first then in China at silly o'clock in the morning suggests that the EFL are bending over backwards to keep them happy...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here