Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Des Lynam on Today programme

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Anyone else hear the interview with Sir Des on Radio 4's Today programme this morning?

Still as sharp and witty as ever, talking about his role as the show's first-ever sports presenter and how it led to his TV career.

He was asked his sporting highlight of the past 60 years and the response was: Brighton & Hove Albion getting promoted to the Premier League.

Excellent broadcaster, wish he was still on TV.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Anyone else hear the interview with Sir Des on Radio 4's Today programme this morning?

Still as sharp and witty as ever, talking about his role as the show's first-ever sports presenter and how it led to his TV career.

He was asked his sporting highlight of the past 60 years and the response was: Brighton & Hove Albion getting promoted to the Premier League.

Excellent broadcaster, wish he was still on TV.

Beat me by a minute. Please merge Mods.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Could somebody please merge this with Monkey Man's thread posted a minute before?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Does he attend the Amex on a regular basis. Haven't seen the standard MOTD shot of his as 'celeb in the stands' this season.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Does he attend the Amex on a regular basis. Haven't seen the standard MOTD shot of his as 'celeb in the stands' this season.

If he does, I wonder if he is made to sit with other celebrity fans. After seeing Sting sat with Jimmy Nail at St James' last week and previously reading about Adrian Chiles and Frank Skinner watching WBA together, I wondered whether Des is made to sit in a roped off enclosure with Fatboy, Jamie Theakston and the Rizzle Kicks.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
If he does, I wonder if he is made to sit with other celebrity fans. After seeing Sting sat with Jimmy Nail at St James' last week and previously reading about Adrian Chiles and Frank Skinner watching WBA together, I wondered whether Des is made to sit in a roped off enclosure with Fatboy, Jamie Theakston and the Rizzle Kicks.

You forgot Royal Blood too.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there

I'm hoping that Jon Snow from C4 News has finally been to the Amex, following that bizarre announcement a few years back that he's supported Brighton all his life but never seen us play.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I believe so. I have seen him arriving and departing in a taxi on the concourse near where the opposition team coach parks. He looks very frail these days :down:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I believe so. I have seen him arriving and departing in a taxi on the concourse near where the opposition team coach parks. He looks very frail these days :down:

He's still very much a regular. He sits just behind Dick Knight on the far left of the directors' box. Sadly, you're spot on, he looks very frail nowadays and I didn't recognise his voice at first in that interview. He's lost that mellifluous voice.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Rizzle kick, singular.

The other is a GOONER.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
The Irish Boy has certainly had a good career and stuck with the Albion. Only Kipper I'd like to meet.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
He's still very much a regular. He sits just behind Dick Knight on the far left of the directors' box. Sadly, you're spot on, he looks very frail nowadays and I didn't recognise his voice at first in that interview. He's lost that mellifluous voice.

To be fair he's 75 so i'd doubt he'd be too sprightly anymore. And he was on good witty / raconteur form in that interview.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Was only a few years ago I bumped in to him whilst walking the dog around Kingston Gorse, he had a bike but he was pushing it rather than riding it :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here