Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jimmy Case - Beware the Seagulls

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Jimmy Case believes Brighton and Hove Albion can challenge Saints for south-coast bragging rights this season.
“It’s very nice to see them in the top flight after what they’ve been through,” said Case, who played for Brighton when they were last in the top flight in the early Eighties.

Beware the Seagulls

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Jimmy Case believes Brighton and Hove Albion can challenge Saints for south-coast bragging rights this season.
“It’s very nice to see them in the top flight after what they’ve been through,” said Case, who played for Brighton when they were last in the top flight in the early Eighties.

Beware the Seagulls

I say, good spot sir, very good spot....

el punal

Beware the Seagulls

Ooh you cheeky boy! You've lifted that one up from my local rag the Southampton Daily Echo. I've added a comment to the article under another username - you'll know it's me by the sheer eloquence of the post!

It is interesting to note that not many Saints fans are confident of an away win on Sunday, suggesting a draw would suffice. I'm sure that would have been a different opinion a few weeks back when we were considered relegation fodder. Ah well, onwards and upwards!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Ooh you cheeky boy! You've lifted that one up from my local rag the Southampton Daily Echo. I've added a comment to the article under another username - you'll know it's me by the sheer eloquence of the post!

It is interesting to note that not many Saints fans are confident of an away win on Sunday, suggesting a draw would suffice. I'm sure that would have been a different opinion a few weeks back when we were considered relegation fodder. Ah well, onwards and upwards!

A family hint pointed myself out to this article.
Nobbygull?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
It would be great to end up the surprise package this season and to not meet with others predetermined conclusions.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
I've always liked Jimmy!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
[MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] Suddenly a lot of after-timers among the shitferbrains pundits, including former players, starting to try and regain a bit of lost ground on the subject of BHAFC's Premier League chances. Quite laughable really.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
I've always liked Jimmy!

Don't get me wrong, I have always liked Jimmy for both the Highbury cannonball and for being in the all-time "You need 7 (for the tunnel)" team, BUT....... the article writer here is either ignorant or has caught Lawrenson's selective memory.
The article could easily have said:
“It’s very nice to see them in the top flight after what they’ve been through,” said Case, who played for Brighton when they were last in the top flight in the early Eighties.Case also has first-hand experience of what they have been through, having managed the club at their lowest-ever position when nine points adrift at the bottom of the whole Football league"
No blame there, just fact.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
They make reference to the fact that we have doubled our average crowd since the last time we were in the top tier.

Just for reference for our younger chums, in 1983 all crowds were far lower than they are now. There were four teams with lower averages than us (a side that got relegated) - and 30k would have put us in third or fourth position back then. An average of 20,000 got you in the Top 10 for crowds in 1983.

So before anyone gets all JCL - remember what it was like back then - http://www.worldfootball.net/attendance/eng-premier-league-1982-1983/1/

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I was behind the goal for 'that' free kick. Epic doesn't do it justice.

Yup...me too....what a day! Sun shining, beer on the terraces, superb atmosphere........and then Jimmy's free kick.

Probably my greatest BHAFC day ever....until Wigan last year!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Yup...me too....what a day! Sun shining, beer on the terraces, superb atmosphere........and then Jimmy's free kick.

Probably my greatest BHAFC day ever....until Wigan last year!

Behind goal also, the wind off the ball that day, is what I blame for my hair loss :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here