Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leicester appoint Claude Puel

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41746701

Leicester City have appointed ex-Southampton boss Claude Puel as their new manager on a three-year deal.

Puel becomes the Foxes' third manager this year, replacing Craig Shakespeare who succeeded Premier League title winner Claudio Ranieri in February.

Puel, 56, led the Saints to eighth in his first season in charge, as well as reaching the EFL Cup final, but the Frenchman was sacked in June.

Michael Appleton will remain as Leicester's assistant manager.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Claude Puel New Leicester Manager

Good, bad or not care ?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I think this is great news for us. I cannot see him getting the best out of them and changing their form

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
What a bizarre appointment. A usually patient Saints supporting colleague wanted him gone when they got knocked out of the Europa for his bizarre team selections and languid style of play. Gone by February I reckon (but then I said Ranieri would be gone by Christmas when he was appointed by Leicester so what do I know).

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Meh.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Good appointment.

Great CV and did an excellent job with a very average squad at Southampton last year which has been hugely under rated by their fans who think they're Barcelona.

But at the expense of some of the dullest football ever seen at St Mary's, and that's saying something. A sort of French Mike Bailey. And their players hated him.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
He seemed to be very talented at pissing people within his club off. Excellent appointment from our point of view. Not exactly a #together manager from what little I know.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Think i must have been on holiday to Wales at the time he was at Southampton as i just didn't know he ever managed them , mind you that was when watching Premire league football was shit and i only ever watched the championship , don't know anything much about him other than he will probably win 3 on the spin then end up being chased by a large angry mob of clacker waving hoodlums through the streets of Leicester in 6 months time .

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Despite their first Wembley final in yonks Saints fans hated his style and wanted him gone

On paper his record is good though, finished 8th plus league cup runners up. Leicester could do worse

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
But at the expense of some of the dullest football ever seen at St Mary's, and that's saying something. A sort of French Mike Bailey. And their players hated him.

Bodes well given Leicester's alleged player power

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

But what do they expect? They sell their best players every year without really replacing them and they have got away with it for a long time but that couldn't go on forever. Their fabled youth system is also not producing top quality players anymore. Poch and Koeman knew what was going to happen which is why they got out when they did. Their squad is very average nowadays and I think he got the absolute most out of it last year in his first and only season. He deserved more time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here