Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] R I P Fats Domino

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
RIP Fats...... ok, who is going to be first ?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
A true Music Legend that covered several genres and many generations. An influence to millions not just the music fraternity.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
I too thought he had died ages ago. But he was someone who just about deserves the word "legend" - a word bandied about far too easily. Better at R & B than Beyonce!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
An absolute giant in terms of music of the last century. RIP big man

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Saw him live in a bar on Bourbon Street, New Orleans, Mardi Gras 1983. RIP big fella!

That makes me soooo jealous! Maybe his best days were only a short time in the sun but what a time. A true rock and roll pioneer. Aside from his own fabulous recordings (just taken a listen to The Fat Man and it sounds like a Status Quo blueprint) I also love the tribute album Goin' Home, another of my gym staples.

Try this for size. Sadly a tribute to Tom Petty too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrfDDogsyYg&list=PLGSY_8gfLdfBTJ9TdXFBm5QDyIK1V-zMx&index=1

and this from the Fat Man himself - Wow 1949!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIz1cPfTRW4

Ain't that a Shame if you can stop your head nodding and foot tappin to this Rock n Roll masterpiece. I hope this post can turn on at least one youngster to the music of this remarkable pioneer.

Last edited:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Saw him live in a bar on Bourbon Street, New Orleans, Mardi Gras 1983. RIP big fella!

Blimey, Can't get close to that. But I and the Impess did see him in Shaftesbury Avenue when he was still in his pomp. Just wonderful. The Fat Man is generally seen as the first rock n roll record ever and that was 70 years ago now. Just Jerry Lee and Little Richard left of the big hitters?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Shocker. I didn't know he was ill. Blueberry 'ill :(

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Genuine all time great, another sad loss.
I was surprised to see he was 89, seems to have been around forever.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here