Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Best excuse for loosing

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
OK, they didn't lose, but Man City blamed the wrong ball for their game ending 0:0 v Wolves.
Seems the ball for the China Cup is different from the PL.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"It is too light, it moves all over the place, it is not a good ball. It is impossible to score with a ball like that"
- Pep Guardiola

Come on Pep. Even Palace managed one last night.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
"It is too light, it moves all over the place, it is not a good ball. It is impossible to score with a ball like that"
- Pep Guardiola

Come on Pep. Even Palace managed one last night.

It shows how world class Bristol City are. They managed to do the impossible, 4 (yes FOUR) times, against the mighty Palarse!

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Didn't Dalglish blame Newcastles 3-1 loss to Stevenage in the FA Cup (late 90s) on the ball being too bouncy.

EDIT: and spurs #LASAGNEGATE which caused them to lose to West Ham on the final day of the season costing them a UCL spot.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We've lost before because the wrong person has started the match day thread.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Silly excuse for sure. But why the hell do they keep messing around with the balls????

Wasnt one of the World Cup ones wobbling all over the place.?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Silly excuse for sure. But why the hell do they keep messing around with the balls????

Wasnt one of the World Cup ones wobbling all over the place.?
If a ball is wobbling all over the place, is it really a silly excuse? Seems fair enough to me.

And yes it seems daft to keep changing it. I trust it's not a bribe so that ball manufacturers can keep selling new balls.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
If a ball is wobbling all over the place, is it really a silly excuse? Seems fair enough to me.

And yes it seems daft to keep changing it. I trust it's not a bribe so that ball manufacturers can keep selling new balls.

Just sponsorship isn't it, the EPL ball went to the highest bidder as does FL, FA and League Cups

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Man City beat West Brom 2-1 in the last round, presumably using the same make of ball. And that was away. Didn't seem impossible to score with it then?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Spurs blaming their last game of the season debacle against West Ham on a dodgy lasagne.

Also, didn't David James once blame a bad performance in goal for Liverpool on a marathon Nintendo session the say before?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
If that's all, surely the ball would still have to be made to be the same as before?

A ball has be to be between a certain weight size and shape, how the ball is built generally impacts how the ball moves in the air etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here