Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Young Huddersfield fan

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A 9 year old found a fiver at the Man Utd match, but his Dad said he couldn't keep what wasn't his.

https://twitter.com/SeanMJarvis/status/922860748317044736

[tweet]922860748317044736[/tweet]

Aaron Mooy has said he would love to meet him.
I hope Huddersfield let him meet the players and have a free shirt.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Think I must.be getting a bit old and cynical for these lovely lad stories...

Just as an aside, why would his dad tell him it's not right to keep what's not yours (fair enough), but it is right to give it to a footballer who gets paid thousands of pounds a week... Surely a charity would have been a better option and a better model for the boy to follow!

Here's where my cynicism comes in - dad and boy wouldn't have got their 15 minutes of fame (and a free.shirt).

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Just as an aside, why would his dad tell him it's not right to keep what's not yours (fair enough), but it is right to give it to a footballer who gets paid thousands of pounds a week... Surely a charity would have been a better option and a better model for the boy to follow!

Here's where my cynicism comes in - dad and boy wouldn't have got their 15 minutes of fame (and a free.shirt).

Now that is cynical. It's a nice gesture, probably with the hope of the lad meeting Mooy or getting a signed photo rather than any great desire for fame. I'm sure Mooy is capable of passing it on to charity. Seems the recipient is the one who has put it out on social media.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
If its not his to keep, its not his to give away either, not sure what lesson the kid was being taught there.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Now that is cynical. It's a nice gesture, probably with the hope of the lad meeting Mooy or getting a signed photo rather than any great desire for fame. I'm sure Mooy is capable of passing it on to charity. Seems the recipient is the one who has put it out on social media.

Agreed, very cynical

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
In Huddersfield you say. If I was his dad I would have told the boy to put it down as the 10% needed for a deposit on a house.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The recipient, Sean Jarvis, is a director of the club.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Seems the recipient is the one who has put it out on social media.
Exactly. It looks like they returned it to the club, who should have a lost property for this sort of thing. If no one claims it, it should be returned to the boy.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013

I'm expecting to find a 5 Euro note if I ever go to Real Madrid.

UTT

Jun 27, 2017
Apologies for distracting everyone from all the current lovely news about interest rates, harassment, EU rubbish and HIV riddled hairdressers with a feel good story picked up by our local rag and pathetically push as a news item by the BBC.

Pretty sure it ended up up as part of our ongoing partnership with Yorkshire Air Ambulance.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this. 'Pure class' would have been to have added £5 of his own money and given the resulting tenner to charity. Anonymously. His dad must know that Premier League players no longer need a Testimonial at the end of the careers in order to see them right as they earn squillions during it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here