Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Not very complimentary from Soton

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Pretty much spot on isn't it ? Only thing I'd maybe change is the comment about the trains - probably better on a Sunday match day as they won't be loused up by commuter services so the shuttling between Brighton, Falmer and Lewes should be fine.

SAC

May 21, 2014
What part wasn't complimentary? I suppose they could have said that the ground was in the city centre with lots of local pubs serving real ale at £2 a pint, but I'm not sure that would have been very accurate!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Apart from them having the location of the away end wrong which part of that write up is a problem? Pretty much everything they’ve written is accurate. No local pubs for away fans, no bogs outside the ground if drinking in the fan zone. Have a beer after the game and wait for the queues to go down, all seems like good advice to me.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Looks spot on to me.

If you're a "get in and out" merchant, and many away fans will be, the Amex is a pain in the arse.

If you're a bit more relaxed about your day, the Amex and Brighton/Lewes makes for a great day out.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Seems a decent guide, harsh on the concourse front as I would say we have some of the bigger concourses I have ever been to, maybe its different in the Prem, as Arsenal, West Ham and Leicester have been fairly good.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Didn't see anything uncomplimentary? Have been told that away fans often drink in Lewes then head down to the Amex. Not sure if that is big numbers or just the few that mentioned it to me.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Didn't see anything uncomplimentary? Have been told that away fans often drink in Lewes then head down to the Amex. Not sure if that is big numbers or just the few that mentioned it to me.

There are always about 10-50 or so, never seem to be huge noticable numbers.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
It’s a fair write up. Got to agree that adding outside toilets to the Amex would aid the fanzone pre match area. I noticed the Emirates stadium has these. I guess the cost involved just would not warranty it?

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
I disagree on the concourse bit, but bar that, it's pretty spot on. I'd even say it's actually quite good as it actually gives good advice about transport, rather than the usual blanket 'it's shit'.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Spot on I thought.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here