Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Chris Nash leaves Sussex CCC

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Rather shocked about this. Reading between the lines, it sounds like he's being moved out (players his age don't voluntarily leave - unless he's looking to change career). It's a sad end for someone who's been a distinguished servant of the club

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Very sad about this, especially as he had such a great season for us this year.
Wish him lots of luck in whatever he chooses to do.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
It does seem an odd situation. However Nash has never quite fulfilled his potential. Suspect not helped by being played as an opener, always seemed more comfortable at 5.

If Wright goes to Warwickshire, it will be the last of the title winners gone.

I suspect this is not a repeat of 1997, as Jordan and Archer have both recently signed new deals.

Just need Davies to be moved out of the club.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I know there is a review of the season ongoing. Have to hope for changes in the coaching side.

Agree that Nash would have been more comfortable as middle order - maybe he will get that chance elsewhere. Does sound like he has asked to go so maybe he is looking to move into part time cricket or perhaps a coaching/playing option somewhere. Could see Moores taking a punt on him

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Off to Slurrey. Wanted longer contract and captaincy I heard

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Can we expect a number of signings? Our batting line up looks very fragile and the bowling is not helped by losing The Goff. Me says serious problems ahead unless they can pull a rabbit out if the hat.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How has Maggofin leaving effected the bowling?

He was injured for most of last season.

But would that continue on to next season I doubt it when he would be an asset. Perhaps if they knew Nash was going they could have gone after Carberry when he left Hampshire but possibly money was the deciding factor.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
But would that continue on to next season I doubt it when he would be an asset. Perhaps if they knew Nash was going they could have gone after Carberry when he left Hampshire but possibly money was the deciding factor.

Hanging on to Archer and Jordan was the key to the bowling, which they have done.

Garton regularly plays for the England Lions, but was struggling for game time with Sussex. Then there is Whittingham who got wickets, Robinson was fit towards the end of last season, oh and Sakande.

I am struggling to see where Maggofin fits into that lot. Him going made some sense.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I bow to your greater knowledge as I was a very keen fan visiting Eaton Rd in the days of Langridge, Parks and Oakman but am just a casual reader of reports of the games and score updates now. Although I like to see them doing well.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It does seem an odd situation. However Nash has never quite fulfilled his potential. Suspect not helped by being played as an opener, always seemed more comfortable at 5.

If Wright goes to Warwickshire, it will be the last of the title winners gone.

I suspect this is not a repeat of 1997, as Jordan and Archer have both recently signed new deals.

Just need Davies to be moved out of the club.

Et voila... http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/156...o_follow_Chris_Nash_out_of_Sussex/?ref=twtrec

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here