Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Chris Packham: Aspergers And Me

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Anyone see this? Just watching a repeat now on BBC2. Grew up watching him here and there, always found his tv style unusual but never realised he had Aspergers, on the autistic spectrum. What an inspirtational programme. Highly recommended, assume it's on iplayer.

Last edited:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Anyone see this? Just watching a repeat now on BBC2. Grew up watching him here and there, always found his tv style unusual but never realised he had Aspergers, on the autistic spectrum. What an inspirtational programme. Highly recommended, assume it's on iplayer.

I watched it last night and totally agree. Brave, enlightening and inspirational.

Russ

Rust Man
May 4, 2013

I’m very surprised to hear that. I’ll check that out.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I’m very surprised to hear that. I’ll check that out.

Comes as no surprise to me to be honest.

Encylopedic knowledge. Socially awkward and the odd 'inappropriate' comment here and there over the years. Note how Michaela Strachan has that lovely, rolls her eyes and smiles as if to say "that's just Chris", relationship with him. They've worked together for years and I'd amazed if she wasn't one of the first to know.

Chris Packham has always been one of my favourite presenters. I grew up watching him because of a love of nature myself and always loved how he comes across as a bit quirky too.

The programme is well with a watch. Good on him for making it.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Watched it last week and found it very insightful to understand the difficulties and how to spot the signs in others.

I had a colleague 15 years ago who was a classic case. Razor sharp mind, but completely unable to engage socially in 95% of situations.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Comes as no surprise to me to be honest.

Encylopedic knowledge. Socially awkward and the odd 'inappropriate' comment here and there over the years. Note how Michaela Strachan has that lovely, rolls her eyes and smiles as if to say "that's just Chris", relationship with him. They've worked together for years and I'd amazed if she wasn't one of the first to know.

Chris Packham has always been one of my favourite presenters. I grew up watching him because of a love of nature myself and always loved how he comes across as a bit quirky too.

The programme is well with a watch. Good on him for making it.

Hats off to him, they way he has adapted (I don't like to say overcome) to be a tv presenter though. In the doc it was much more obvious, when he was just being himself. A superb programme.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

Just watched it. Yes, very interesting and enlightening. Definitely recommended. The American "expert", though... :shootself

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
[video]https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=chris+pac kham+aspergers+and+me[/video]

Found it on youtube, I just watched it with my Aspy lad and it was nothing short of amazing, inspirational, nothing I have seen or read (which is an awful lot) on the subject has resonated with our situation like this. The amount of times my lad said "just like me" was incredible.

He asked if I thought that Chris had been through the crap that he has been through/is going through at school. I suggested he probably had but once you get older things are put into perspective. He said "so do you think I'll be okay?"

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here