Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Old Time Radio Shows

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I stumbled upon a great site where you can listen to OTR shows. I believe it is quite legal and free to listen to or even download as the shows are in the public domain. Many American shows (I believe it's run by an American) but also many classic English shows.
The Goon Show - 206 episodes
The Navy Lark - 247 episodes
Hancocks Half Hour - 90 episodes
I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue - 353 episodes
Fawlty Towers - 12 episodes
Dads Army - 70 episodes.

Just a few from the comedy genre. The genre list is extensive and with over 93,000 episodes available there's plenty to choose from. The quality on some if the older shows may be poor but don't forget they may be 80 years old. Anyhow not for everyone but take a look if you are interested. Enjoy.

http://www.radioechoes.com/?page=genre

Last edited:

Thank you - the fact that I recall listening to the "Navy Lark" on Sunday Lunchtime dates me, although I am a little too young to recall "The Goon Show" being broadcast (did catch up via LP's). Anyone like to admit their listening age by recalling from which show the "Angus Prune Tune" originated?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
:thumbsup: added straight to 'favourites'.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
5167N7JTYFL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg 518e8eziwYL._SL230_.jpg

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
There are a load of old Radio 4 Saturday Night Theatre on there - all sightly too long to put on a CD :tantrum:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I stumbled upon a great site where you can listen to OTR shows. I believe it is quite legal and free to listen to or even download as the shows are in the public domain. Many American shows (I believe it's run by an American) but also many classic English shows.
The Goon Show - 206 episodes
The Navy Lark - 247 episodes
Hancocks Half Hour - 90 episodes
I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue - 353 episodes
Fawlty Towers - 12 episodes
Dads Army - 70 episodes.

Just a few from the comedy genre. The genre list is extensive and with over 93,000 episodes available there's plenty to choose from. The quality on some if the older shows may be poor but don't forget they may be 80 years old. Anyhow not for everyone but take a look if you are interested. Enjoy.

http://www.radioechoes.com/?page=genre

Cheers for that :thumbsup:
Have been listening to the Goons on here for years, it's great.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Brilliant - ISIHAC is my personal favourite, so plenty there to keep me amused.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Have just listened to BEYOND OUR KEN still very funny,pity you loose it if looking at other items on line

Download them onto your device and play them back whilst surfing the web. The file sizes are quite small and you can always delete them after playing.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Really? I thought the basic capacity of a cd was 700MB, those shows seem to average at 19Mb per show.

It isn't the capacity in mb, its the time in minutes. A CD can only hold 88 (?) minutes of recorded sound and the plays slightly longer so they won't fit.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
I’ll let you guess which is my favourite old radio show. I doubt very much whether this is a legally licensed website though. The copyrights still belong to Auntie.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here