Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Cup Final

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Now I know this is not the place but did anyone see who made it to the League Cup Final in Scotland - Little old Motherwell FC - Yay Hayyyyyyyy

Not a great feat as standards not so high but for my boyhood club who average gates of 4,000 to me it is and I needed to brag about it somewhere as it doesn't happen to us very often and Jamie Murphy will be pleased toooooooooooo !

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Go on the Motherwell forum :rolleyes:

:wink:

As you can probably guess. I am plastered drunk Trigaaar. Ive already been there. Need to spread the word further afield. I have done the Rangers forum as well. Got a wonderful warm welcome there too......I don't think.

Like I say. Doesn't happen often so I am milking it

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
WOW - Thanks for that mate.........Absolutely brilliant. I remember a lot of those goals and seeing them live as a kid

You could always ask [MENTION=11767]Aristotle[/MENTION] to brew a one off Motherwell beer for the occasion :wink:

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I think Noobha has started a new Motherwell / BHA thread hear. Didn't we sign the goalkeeper Graeme Smith from Motherwell? Think he holds some sort of record for letting in a goal every 15 minutes he played for us.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think Noobha has started a new Motherwell / BHA thread hear. Didn't we sign the goalkeeper Graeme Smith from Motherwell? Think he holds some sort of record for letting in a goal every 15 minutes he played for us.

We sort of made up for that by homing Jamie Murphy's skills which helped to Promotion last year

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
You could always ask [MENTION=11767]Aristotle[/MENTION] to brew a one off Motherwell beer for the occasion :wink:

No mate - We will get battered in the final but if the unthinkable happens and we win the final then that would be an occasion for such a thing

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
In fairness Smith was a reasonable keeper but had a poor defence in front of him. Any more Motherwell BHA connections?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
In fairness Smith was a reasonable keeper but had a poor defence in front of him. Any more Motherwell BHA connections?

Errrmmm...............no. He wasn't; he really wasn't. Indeed, if such a thing is possible, in a few short - but horrible - weeks, he gave Scottish goal-keeping a bad name.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
WOW - Thanks for that mate.........Absolutely brilliant. I remember a lot of those goals and seeing them live as a kid

I remember Motherwell being fairly decent in the 70s. About the last time Scottish football had any claim to being half decent (two WC finals, but packed off home double quick). Still, I believe there are still a few of Ally's Army left in Argentina - they've probably bred by now...........................

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I remember Motherwell being fairly decent in the 70s. About the last time Scottish football had any claim to being half decent (two WC finals, but packed off home double quick). Still, I believe there are still a few of Ally's Army left in Argentina - they've probably bred by now...........................

Nostalgia is great but the here and now is even better. And despite Rangers problems in recent years they are still buying £2m players and have gates of 40K while as soon as we produce anyone worth £200K we have to sell them and today we whipped their ass, So not even Ally's Tartan Argentinian Grandchildren could dampen my day today

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Nostalgia is great but the here and now is even better. And despite Rangers problems in recent years they are still buying £2m players and have gates of 40K while as soon as we produce anyone worth £200K we have to sell them and today we whipped their ass, So not even Ally's Tartan Argentinian Grandchildren could dampen my day today
Fair enough. Just don't ever try and persuade CH you've got a GK like Graeme Smith you'd like too sell to us!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Fair enough. Just don't ever try and persuade CH you've got a GK like Graeme Smith you'd like too sell to us!

Not a goalkeeper but young Allan Campbell will be next youngster produced through the ranks who goes to a bigger club. Only 19 but already called up to Scotland under 21s

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham

Takes me back to the classic 91 Final 4 3 v Dundee Utd . I had the pleasure of attending with some Well loons i knew at the time,what a team. Maxwell ,Nijholt ,Boyd,Phil O Donnell RIP Davie Cooper RIP,Arnott ,Stevie Kirk. Saturday is service day:whistle:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not a goalkeeper but young Allan Campbell will be next youngster produced through the ranks who goes to a bigger club. Only 19 but already called up to Scotland under 21s

I don't really know what went tits up with Scottish football in the late 70s, or just after, but you'll have your work cut out persuading anybody he's not just another Jack Harper. Somehow, I think the rot set in when you changed from two leagues to four, but I've no idea why.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here