Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Brighton - the capital of YouTube? (Any recommended videos?)

0 Not allowed!
    I've been getting into YouTube in recent months and I'm surprised how many of the big name vloggers are based in Brighton.

The most popular YouTuber in the world, Pewdiepie (almost 60 million subscribers), for instance moved from Sweden to Brighton (along with his Italian vlogger girlfriend) several years ago and is often to be found filming on the seafront or Preston Park. The Posh & Becks of British YouTubers, Zoella and Alfie Deyes, also live here, as do loads of others... eg the most popular UK FPS gamer on Twitch/YouTube, Soviet Womble... the leading Irish games vlogger Jacksepticeye, who moved to Brighton this summer... etc etc...

Surprising in the circumstances that there isn't more content specifically about Brighton & Hove on YouTube.

Some spotty weird recently started up a weekly series about Brighton history (a new episode each Friday lunchtime):

Is there anything else (in terms of a regular series) about Brighton on YouTube? Or any particular individual videos (non-football related) on Brighton that you recommend? Cheers.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      I don't get the whole YouTuber phenomenon – and I've little interest, to be honest – but one of them was on the pitch after the Wigan game and Jnr Bobkin got very excited because he got to chat with him and made it into his post-match video/report/vlog.

As for them being based around these parts? Good for them, but I wouldn't recognise them if they were stood right in front of me. Given the shortening attention span of people nowadays, it probably won't be long before they move onto somewhere else 'cooler'...

0 Not allowed!
      Having dealt with them (or at least their "people") in a professional context on a few occasions, Alfie Deyes and Zoella may be successful at what they do, but they have also both long since disappeared up their own arses.

When one of them had released (not written, you'll note) a book, they approached Churchill Square and offered to do a signing event on a Saturday afternoon, but only on condition that the entire centre was closed to regular shoppers for the duration for security reasons.

I have also met one of them in person, and they came across as being as thick as pigshit.
      REMF Quiz Champion 2016

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Frutos View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I have also met one of them in person, and they came across as being as thick as pigshit.
      Thick as pigshit self made multi millionaires!
      NEW SCHTUMMCAST. MORE VIBES AVAILABLE HERE >>>>>> http://soundcloud.com/schtumm/schtum...0-neal-schtumm

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by CHAPPERS View Post
      Thick as pigshit self made multi millionaires!
      True.
      REMF Quiz Champion 2016

0 Not allowed!
      ... they have also both long since disappeared up their own arses.
      Hardly surprising.
      Thank you Chris, you're a legend.

0 Not allowed!
      Having dealt with them (or at least their "people") in a professional context on a few occasions, Alfie Deyes and Zoella may be successful at what they do, but they have also both long since disappeared up their own arses.

When one of them had released (not written, you'll note) a book, they approached Churchill Square and offered to do a signing event on a Saturday afternoon, but only on condition that the entire centre was closed to regular shoppers for the duration for security reasons.

I completely agree. Seen a few of them out and about and they put on a forced grin to take a photo with a few fans as quickly as possible and then run off. They clearly don't enjoy mingling with their fans, it's just something they have to do for appearances. Their forced energy and excitement over the most mundane things in their videos is truly cringeworthy.

I also know someone that has worked with them in a professional context, who has since turned down work from Gleam Futures (their agents) because they refuse to work with them again. 'Arrogant divas' were the words used the describe them.
      Took me years to realise that I spent my youth standing next to Steve Foster every week watching Sunday league football. Oops!

0 Not allowed!
      A lot of Malaysian girls are currently interested with Brighton because a famous Malaysian vlogger is currently based here
      Albion = the never-ending rollercoaster ride of emotions!

0 Not allowed!
      I'm assuming they come to Brighton as they think it's 'alternative' and gives their pointless lives some meaning, but saying 'oh live in Brighton don't you know'.

Some of the channels are basically just playing video games and shouting at a camera, what bloody entertainment is that?

My girlfriend watches some dozy bint do makeup tutorials and I have to leave the room every time she does as it just winds me up.

Wish I could sit in front of a camera and do weird shit and get paid loads of money and be a ****.
      Mama said knock you out. LlcoolJ's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      My son and his friends are all into this stuff and most have their own channels. I don't get it at all but I don't mind as there's a (very outside) chance that he'll end up with millions of subscribers, make shitloads of money and allow me to retire.