Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] How about - a late night game of Mornington Crescent...?

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Now it's gone 23:23, Acton is passé and using a Baum-Eckert manoeuvre we get to

Hyde Park Corner

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I can do no better than follow Mrs Ivy Trellis of North Wales' formula and apply the Tower Gambit, resulting in Mile End.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
As we're keeping this simple... A variation on the Harrington-Smythe riposte, will take us along to Angel

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I'm going to invoke Fulbright's Convention and go ... Elephant & Castle.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The Boy George Michael variant takes me to Hampstead Heath, although that may be too transparent.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I've had an unexpectedly long night, I'll have to use up my pokemon card and play a defensive 'Fairlop'.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Third Tuesday still in force here for another 6 hours (think about it!) ...

Theydon Bois

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Third Wednesday rule now in play..... Turkey Street.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Invoking, albeit a touch risky this early in the game, the Karl Marx Gambit leads me to Highgate.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Invoking, albeit a touch risky this early in the game, the Karl Marx Gambit leads me to Highgate.

Yes, very risky ... it's unworkable when the antecedent Third Wednesday move is locked by a pre-antecedent Third Tuesday move. In short, Highgate is out of bounds until midnight strikes in Hawaii.

To keep things moving, may I substitute Ruislip Manor on your behalf?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Yes, very risky ... it's unworkable when the antecedent Third Wednesday move is locked by a pre-antecedent Third Tuesday move. In short, Highgate is out of bounds until midnight strikes in Hawaii.

To keep things moving, may I substitute Ruislip Manor on your behalf?

When the moon is waning gibbous ? Are you mad ? The only safe way out of this is Totteridge & Whetstone.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
As the sun is rising, the Saharan Sand obscura comes back in to prominent play resulting in a move to Colindale, concidentally the name of my dentist!

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
When the moon is waning gibbous ? Are you mad ? The only safe way out of this is Totteridge & Whetstone.

Oh goody, something to take my mind off the tedium of yet another cloudless day in this neck of the woods. I think you may wish to reconsider your slightly rash and, I have to say unnecessarily abrasive, intervention on two counts: one hinges on the core values of MC, the other mundane but irrefutable.

Firstly, as every schoolboy knows, Harrington-Smythe's damning analysis of the Hamish adjudication during the 1928 Empire Games quite clearly gave us the following guidance (edited highlights) " ... those over-enamoured of invoking lunar rules are often called Moonies, an appellation I am inclined to borrow for the sake of clarity and brevity. Those of us who defend and protect the time-honoured traditions of our noble pastime must be ever-vigilant against the incursions of these popinjays. They would have us believe lunar variations, protocols, modifications and exemptions in all their lunatic forms hold sway over our core tenets. This must not be! ... Their most common 100 heresies are ... No. 42. The year round applicability of waning gibbous. The Moonies are reminded that it is ineffective during the cycle of the harvest moon, a protocol which predates waning gibbous by an hundred years. To think otherwise is an insult to the generations of stout English yeomen and gentleman farmers for whom the Harvest has, and ever shall remain, the crowning event of the year. ...". And, as you should know, this document went on to be known as Harrington-Smythe's riposte (already invoked in the 5th move this evening).

Secondly, in any event, Old Moore's almanac quite clearly informs us that the moon is in fact waning crescent this evening and has been for the last four days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here