Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Spurs new stadium - will it be ready ??

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
There's still tons of other clubs planning similar things. I've read Leicester are building a cheese lounge inside a rock fort.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Barber, are you reading this? We could now be the pioneers and the trailblazers of stadium cheese rooms. Please. Do. It.

We're not allowed bottle tops - not sure there's much hope for these bad boys...

Screenshot 2019-02-11 at 17.33.33.png

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Oh FFS, well I'm not going now.

Honestly, who builds a stadium these days WITHOUT a VIP Cheese Room? Whatever next? They'll be banning you from bringing in Babybel cheeses in case you go on a RAMPAGE using it as a bottle top substitute.

the game has gone.

My season ticket has been cancelled with this news.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I travel past it on the train regularly and it looks pretty special from the outside, particularly at night. The building process has been farcical at times and the club has not been honest with the fans about dates but I suspect that will all be forgotten when it opens.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Like we should have announced two seasons at Priestfield instead of one and a bit?
I haven't read through the thread, so has this comparison already been made?

It is rediculous that they thought it would be ready for September games but each month come forward to say not quite ready yet...how are they not ready yet when in August they thought it would be another 6 weeks!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Like we should have announced two seasons at Priestfield instead of one and a bit?
I haven't read through the thread, so has this comparison already been made?

Pretty sure we were expecting potentially 3 years at Priestfield and provisioned for exactly that. I don't remember going there thinking it was for 1 season only. We had to lodge a £500k bond with the EFL committing to returning to Brighton, but there was a LOT to sort out in terms ot getting permissions for Withdean and then getting it up to scratch for hosting League football - a year would have been a squeeze, so realistically I think we knew it'd be 2 seasons away.

Factor in that Spurs went along merrily selling tickets to the new stadium when it was patently obvious the place wasn't going to be ready. People bought season tickets, I read of some buying tickets to the opening game there, arranging flights and hotels for it...only to be totally let down at a couple of months notice by being told "ahh...sorry. Its back to Wembley".

I'm not sure wilful deception is the way forward. They should've announced an expected 2 years at Wembley from the outset then brought it forward if it were possible. Certainly by the turn of the year at least, they should've been coming clean about the fact it was nowhere near.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Why not, our's was against them!

Recently announced that it won’t now be Arsenal at home but in all honesty it was never going to be. Too much of a risk, not just security wise but had they lost, Arsenal would have beaten them in their first ever game their new stadium, a fact that would never had gone away.

Following Arsenal is Palace at home then us, pretty sure it’ll be one of us.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Recently announced that it won’t now be Arsenal at home but in all honesty it was never going to be. Too much of a risk, not just security wise but had they lost, Arsenal would have beaten them in their first ever game their new stadium, a fact that would never had gone away.

Following Arsenal is Palace at home then us, pretty sure it’ll be one of us.

As has been pointed out previously - the Spurs v Palace game is scheduled for FA Cup QF weekend, so will be rescheduled if Palace get past Doncaster.

Pretty sure we were expecting potentially 3 years at Priestfield and provisioned for exactly that. I don't remember going there thinking it was for 1 season only. We had to lodge a £500k bond with the EFL committing to returning to Brighton, but there was a LOT to sort out in terms ot getting permissions for Withdean and then getting it up to scratch for hosting League football - a year would have been a squeeze, so realistically I think we knew it'd be 2 seasons away.

Factor in that Spurs went along merrily selling tickets to the new stadium when it was patently obvious the place wasn't going to be ready. People bought season tickets, I read of some buying tickets to the opening game there, arranging flights and hotels for it...only to be totally let down at a couple of months notice by being told "ahh...sorry. Its back to Wembley".
But that's exactly what we did! I distinctly remember that in the summer of 1998 the club sold season tickets on the understanding that only the first few matches would be at Gillingham.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
But that's exactly what we did! I distinctly remember that in the summer of 1998 the club sold season tickets on the understanding that only the first few matches would be at Gillingham.

It was, I remember the second season being sold the season ticket on the basis of the second half being at Withdean.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here