Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Spurs new stadium - will it be ready ??

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
55YsmGb.jpg

WM6wYIV.jpg

Ox2quTQ.jpg

Looks like a HELL of a lot of work that still needs doing on that for it to be ready for next season dunnit ? I don't recall the Amex being in that state with less than a year to go. They're nowhere near starting the roofs even. Plus they've got this retractable pitch to snort.

I've been having a browse on their forums and many people are saying "no problem, we've still got 10 months", as if next August is the deadline. The reality is they're going to need to stage a couple of ramp-up events to get the safety certificate, so realistically, if its not ready by next June / July at a push, then they're going to have another year at Wembley.

Which would be a shame.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
God I LOVE pictures of stadiums. Preferably as they're being built, or once they're derelict. There's something oddly compelling about them. Keep them coming.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
God I LOVE pictures of stadiums. Preferably as they're being built, or once they're derelict. There's something oddly compelling about them. Keep them coming.

Me too. For a short while, this was a rare occasion where it was a combination of both.

Boggles the mind that 5 months ago Premier League football was being played at one of the most iconic stadia in the country, and now not a trace of it is left.

Saw some pretty sad pictures of Upton Park as that was on its way down. Assume that's completely gone now?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
55YsmGb.jpg

WM6wYIV.jpg

Ox2quTQ.jpg

Looks like a HELL of a lot of work that still needs doing on that for it to be ready for next season dunnit ? I don't recall the Amex being in that state with less than a year to go. They're nowhere near starting the roofs even. Plus they've got this retractable pitch to snort.

I've been having a browse on their forums and many people are saying "no problem, we've still got 10 months", as if next August is the deadline. The reality is they're going to need to stage a couple of ramp-up events to get the safety certificate, so realistically, if its not ready by next June / July at a push, then they're going to have another year at Wembley.

Which would be a shame.

Would it have to a whole year though? Could the contract at Wembley not be extended to, say, Christmas?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Would it have to a whole year though? Could the contract at Wembley not be extended to, say, Christmas?

No. You can't switch home venues during the season, those are PL rules.
At best they could apply to have the first few home games of next season played away from home, as West Ham and Liverpool did recently. That could buy them an extra month or so. Still looks tight to me though.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I travel past on the train every now and then, and seems to be going up at a pace now. Looks very impressive - almost like a bowl looking up at it.

They probbaly also have deadlines for NFL games as well.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
No. You can't switch home venues during the season, those are PL rules.
At best they could apply to have the first few home games of next season played away from home, as West Ham and Liverpool did recently. That could buy them an extra month or so. Still looks tight to me though.

OK. Didn't realise that.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yep, but then they didn't start that long ago and it looks to be progressing well.

To my untrained eye it still looks like a heck of a lot to do to get it ready for next summer. Its twice the size of the Amex, they've got to plumb in a hydraulic retractable pitch, and the interior hasn't been started yet.

If it IS ready for next season, I just hope we're still in this League to visit it (not that I'll have an earthly of getting a ticket with my 220 points) :down:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We have a proud tradition of building projects that come in on time and budget in this country (not all, but it seems more prevalent than many other countries).

If I had to put money on it, I'd guess it will be on time.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We have a proud tradition of building projects that come in on time and budget in this country (not all, but it seems more prevalent than many other countries).

If I had to put money on it, I'd guess it will be on time.

Wembley ?

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
This issue was discussed on Talksport last week.
Their "sources" have told them there is no chance it will be ready for start of next season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here