Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Knockaert .... Team Player?

0 Not allowed!
    To be clear I think AK is a good player with the potential to be a great player.

That said, I have a significant concern that there are issues around his impact on the team. There have been many examples of togetherness from the squad towards him and AK whipping up the fans to get behind the team but all too often you see him chipping away at players that haven't passed to him or just generally throwing his arms in the air?

Add to this CH's comments post match when speaking about AK he said he needs to work on his "team game" or something similar?

I'm just wondering if it impacts on other players such as Solly etc, Solly doesn't run with the ball as much, is this because he fears criticism or am I reading far too much into this?

What are your views on AK?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

26 Not allowed!
      I think that given the last 12 months there is no player in the squad who understands the value of togetherness more than AK. he's a skillfull, flair player, they're meant to want the ball and sometimes be a little self indulgent. Let him get on with it.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Normal Rob View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I think that given the last 12 months there is no player in the squad who understands the value of togetherness more than AK.
      Agree with this

0 Not allowed!
      I think AK will always be a player that wants the ball and tries to hang on to it for as long as possible because he wants to be involved in the game. He clearly doesn't try to hide his emotions and frustration on the pitch, but I think it comes from his desire to do well.

I get the impression that he's been putting pressure on himself to perform (especially with competition for the wide positions) and hopefully getting his first goal will help calm him down a bit. I think he's shown in the last year or so that he loves the club and his team mates and you might be reading too much into it.
      Took me years to realise that I spent my youth standing next to Steve Foster every week watching Sunday league football. Oops!

2 Not allowed!
      He is worth the entrance money alone to watch when he is on his A game.
      My only criticism this season is that he doesn’t track back enough to help his full back out, especially yesterday at times, which Solly does most times
      a man with a sound track record as a source of quality Albion info! ditchy's Avatar

4 Not allowed!
      Took one for the team yesterday , when they caught us on the break and he was the one chasing back to clip the players ankles .
      I just love the East Upper !!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Charlies Shinpad View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      He is worth the entrance money alone to watch when he is on his A game.
      My only criticism this season is that he doesn’t track back enough to help his full back out, especially yesterday at times, which Solly does most times
      It is funny, I thought he generally did yesterday, much more than he did against Newcastle. In that game, he left Bruno isolated a few times, which I think may have been part of the reason he was dropped for Arsenal. However, I thought he was better yesterday

3 Not allowed!
      He chases back and celebrates his team mates scoring like it was him. He IS a team player. We know he has the magic.
      now my friends have gone,
      and my hair is grey,
      and I ache in the places that I used to play.

0 Not allowed!
      On a slightly different tack because he was an out and striker,
      Peter Ward jumped more tackles and pulled out of more challenges than any player I’ve seen wear the stripes.
      now my friends have gone,
      and my hair is grey,
      and I ache in the places that I used to play.

0 Not allowed!
      He can be a bit selfish on the ball at times but he can produce moments of magic out of nothing and inspire us when nothing else seems to be working. Definitely a team player in my book. Just a bit frustrating at times, take yesterday pretty anonymous for 70 minutes but then sprung into life and very unlucky not to score 2. Having said that if he was consistent he would be playing for one of the top teams.