Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Choirul Huda

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
No, not a new signing rumour.

Choirul Huda was the goalie for Persela Lamongan against Semen Pedang in the Indonesian Liga 1. He died today after coming out to clear the ball and colliding with his own defender and an onrushing forward, in the 2nd minute of stoppage time at the end of the first half. He was 38 years old.

He was taken to hospital but he could not be saved. The game was completed, with Persela winning 2-0. They then went to the hospital and found he was dead.

Lamongan-born Huda played for his hometown club his entire career, making his senior debut in 1999 and playing more than 500 times in the league.

I doubt any of us had ever heard of him but he gave his life playing the game we love.

DMLNCGgUEAAMtjG.jpg:large

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8165247 said:
That's horrific, was it a head injury? RIP

Dr Zaki Mubarok, of the Dr Soegiri Lamongan General Hospital, later announced that Huda had died as result of head and neck trauma.

He said: "He passed away because collision in the head and behind the neck.”

So sad, RIP

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
RIP

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The actual collision doesn't look that bad, but the way he was shoved onto the stretcher wouldn't have helped. A tragic accident.

https://twitter.com/maaadcow/status/919603244099190784

[tweet]919603244099190784[/tweet]

I have to say I held my breath until I saw our physio move Duffy's neck after his collision with Ryan. That looked pretty bad at the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here