Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] For me this afternoon was our first proper Premier League match at home - against an 80's.

D

Deleted User X18H

..powerhouse steeped in tradition. Not yer Jonny Come Lately wealth merchants who have been a low as us in the last twenty years.

I had a great afternoon despite the late disappointment.

It took me back to those distant memories I have about watching Albion in the 1982/83 and how any times in recent years I have tried to recall those matches.

Watching Rooney at the Amex in his twilight years must have been like our fathers or grandfathers watching Dalgleish , Rush and Francis at the Goldstone.

Bring on Liverpool for an afternoon kick please

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Rooney is a ****.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The comparison to the 80s vibe to Rooney is a tad way off.
Dalglish, Rush and Francis were professionals who didn't IMO, didn't really care much for the wealth of the game, whereas Rooney.........

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Still don't get why Rooney was boo'd, what exactly does it prove? No fan of his but I found it childish to be honest.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Still don't get why Rooney was boo'd, what exactly does it prove? No fan of his but I found it childish to be honest.

Of course it was childish, just as it was childish to boo Shelvey, or otheir opposition players. It's the sort of silly behaviour football fans like doing.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Of course it was childish, just as it was childish to boo Shelvey, or otheir opposition players. It's the sort of silly behaviour football fans like doing.

I presume you don't talk about ALL football fans? Just the childish ones?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Didn't boo him but i found some of his 'foot stomping' moments similar to my 18 month old grandchild....in other words childish :moo:

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
The comparison to the 80s vibe to Rooney is a tad way off.
Dalglish, Rush and Francis were professionals who didn't IMO, didn't really care much for the wealth of the game, whereas Rooney.........

Apart from Rush moving to Italy for the money and never learning the language

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Didn't boo him but i found some of his 'foot stomping' moments similar to my 18 month old grandchild....in other words childish :moo:

Yeah but he's been doing that since he was 16, nothing we haven't seen before. I guess childish is what childish does.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Are we supposed to admire an adulterous man who risks other peoples lives by driving a car when over the limit

Do you boo everyone that has done that? Do you boo people you may know for being DD? Are all Brighton players past and present completely exonerated from anything illegal? It is childish.

Dinner with Gotsmanov

NSC Patron
May 30, 2014
Worthing

Late in second half when he threw himself to the ground and then lost it with the ref....yet no booking for either simulation or dissent. Ahhh, I forgot, he's Wayne Rooney

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here