Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mmm 3 match ban for Lukaku?????

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Was thinking the same. Not much different from Tomers incident. He was looking at the ball and there didn’t seem any intent.

Will never happen in a million years.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Should have been a straight red, and must now be a retrospective 3 game ban.

But what a surprise from Souness, Lukaku plays for a big club and therefore can not possibly have been anything other than an 'accident' and absolutely no intent.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Is there any footage of this?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Its not as clear cut as Hemed's, he more brushes his foot up at Lovren's face rather than standing on him, as far as I can tell from the replay I just saw.

Its very difficult to prove intent, so he should get away with it, having said that I would have said the same about Hemed, and the Hemed precedent may mean Lukaku gets in trouble.

All might depend on whether the referee 'saw it'

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Looked to me as though he could easily have avoided it. And, like Tomer - he didn't look back or say sorry. More likelihood of injury than Tomer's I would have thought - but also quite fleeting. Lovren made a meal of it....

Who is it that raises it with the FA? Is it Sky (they seem to dictate what gets reviewed)? Liverpool?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Looked to me as though he could easily have avoided it. And, like Tomer - he didn't look back or say sorry. More likelihood of injury than Tomer's I would have thought - but also quite fleeting. Lovren made a meal of it....

Who is it that raises it with the FA? Is it Sky (they seem to dictate what gets reviewed? Liverpool?

Ref watch ?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here