Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can we show some respect for Wayne Rooney?

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
Without question one of the greatest ever English footballers.
Scored more goals for the English national side in history.
Scored more goals at Manchester United than any player in their history . Including Bobby Charlton - and he played 200 (ish) less games than him.
Okay he's had a few personal issues but all massively overblown by the red tops .
I presume he's playing Sunday and it will be great to see him . So give him a cheer at the start and , as football fans , appreciate that he is a legend .

And then slag him off during the game of course ....

Everton will be back with a bounce on Sunday but at home we can beat anyone if we all turn up..

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Jesus wept. I can only imagine you’re the same bloke who nearly died with a Dover Sole stuck in his throat. 1/10 for fishing attempt.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Without question one of the greatest ever English footballers.
Scored more goals for the English national side in history.
Scored more goals at Manchester United than any player in their history . Including Bobby Charlton - and he played 200 (ish) less games than him.
Okay he's had a few personal issues but all massively overblown by the red tops .
I presume he's playing Sunday and it will be great to see him . So give him a cheer at the start and , as football fans , appreciate that he is a legend .

And then slag him off during the game of course ....

Everton will be back with a bounce on Sunday but at home we can beat anyone if we all turn up..

I'm not doubting he was a good player, but to call him an England Legend is a bit of an overstatement. How many goals did he score for England in the World cups and European championships?

Let's not forget what he did back in the 2006 World cup which effectively caused us to exit the competition. I'd say someone like Alan Shearer was a bigger England legend than Rooney.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Nah you're alright. I'll be focusing on supporting Brighton anyway.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Nah you're alright. I'll be focusing on supporting Brighton anyway.

Totally this. I view it more as how far we have come as a club that we are involved in a league game against a team that has a player as famous as Rooney in the opposition line up. Beyond that I will be focusing upon us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
IMG_0208.JPG

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I'm enjoing the clubs, the opposition and the Premier League razzmatazz. But respect an opposition player - no chance! Rooney never made a difference for England when it mattered and I don't give a toss about Man Utd. So no respect from me thanks.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Bald granny shagger , he's just a bald granny shagger.......etc etc.
Anything along those lines is fine by me.

Can the North Stand top "Jesus is a w@nker" for best chant of the season...?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
The only thing I'll be worried about on Sunday afternoon will be seeing whether the prince of English football is wearing his wedding ring or not. I wept openly a day or two ago whilst reading a newspaper article about our former national leader. Apparently he's planning on asking his wife to marry him once again. What a guy. Who said romance is dead?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here