Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Any non leaguers tomorrow.?

With no Albion and Peacehavens worst away day on the calendar I’ll take this opportunity to get a Saturday late shift at work under my belt. No offence to Broadbridge Heath but with poor transport links, no nearby pubs, a leisure centre bar and a view worse than the away end at “The” Withdean, I’ll give it a miss.

Genuinely interested in your plans and post match anicdotes though.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Tomorrow the Hawks continue their fight against relegation, Whitehawk V Hungerford, 3pm.
Go on, you know you want to.

I'll be here, curious to see who Steve King has signed this week. Whitehawk might even get their first win of the season!

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Not non league but attending Rotherham V Scunthorpe, looking forward to reminiscing the old days of sh*thouse football in league 1.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Making my first trip to The Pilot Field tomorrow for the season to witness the post Hinshelwood shambles first hand to see Hastings v Faversham.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'd like to, but something more important is happening.

[MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] and I will be gathered around a dodgy stream of Chelsea v PaLLLLLLLace on the TV with a friend who, sadly, supports them. Drinks will be had whilst we cheer on the good guys.

I'm slightly concerned that Kante and Morata are missing for Chelsea and diver-boy returns for PaLLLLLLLace.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I'll be here, curious to see who Steve King has signed this week. Whitehawk might even get their first win of the season!

Whitehawk must be close to setting a record for the highest turnover in players over the last 16 months or so. Pablo Asensio brought in a load of South Americans and Europeans in the summer of 2016, almost all of whom were then discarded following his sacking, and then the next 3 sets of managers last season all brought in their own people. This season they have already had two permanent and one caretaker manager. Steve King, by my reckoning, has already brought in 13 new players in 4 weeks and, according to the Argus, there will be 3 new ones tomorrow.

Bath city v Chelmsford in the FA cup - corking ground!
I went to school in Bath in the mi d-1970sand got down to Twerton fairly regularly. I even went to a couple of away games in the FA Cup, but the one I remember best was a 4th QR at home to Yeovil which drew over 5,000.(no segregation, but no hint of trouble either). City won 2-1 but had the worst possible First Round draw, an away tie at fellow Southern Leaguers Wimbledon in their glory season :(
In those days, the larger end was a semi-circular grass bank with crash barriers, but few people stood there.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Whitehawk must be close to setting a record for the highest turnover in players over the last 16 months or so. Pablo Asensio brought in a load of South Americans and Europeans in the summer of 2016, almost all of whom were then discarded following his sacking, and then the next 3 sets of managers last season all brought in their own people. This season they have already had two permanent and one caretaker manager. Steve King, by my reckoning, has already brought in 13 new players in 4 weeks and, according to the Argus, there will be 3 new ones tomorrow.

They'll be on a par with a squad the size of Newcastle soon :cool:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Won't be there but will be willing on Truro - one win away from becoming the first Cornish club to reach the first round of the FA Cup since 1969 - away at Hampton and Richmond

"It's the fourth qualifying round of the FA Cup tomorrow and National League South side Truro City are aiming to end Cornwall's 48-year wait for a team in the first round.

Falmouth Town were the last side from west of the Tamar to make it into November in the competition, only to lose to Peterborough in 1969."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41580484

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I will also be at Woodside Road. The club have kindly given our employees free tickets.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Worthing playing their first game back at Woodside road tomorrow.I'll be at that one.

Ah - I didn't realise they were back - that's great news.

I won't be there tomorrow but I'll keep an eye out for other games that don't clash with our own.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
With no Albion and Peacehavens worst away day on the calendar I’ll take this opportunity to get a Saturday late shift at work under my belt. No offence to Broadbridge Heath but with poor transport links, no nearby pubs, a leisure centre bar and a view worse than the away end at “The” Withdean, I’ll give it a miss.

Genuinely interested in your plans and post match anicdotes though.

New stadium for them next year!! Plans look fantastic and work has started

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here