Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul Barber on ongoing touting of tickets

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A few points just come through...

- yes, we are aware of the (many) websites selling our “tickets" – and none are legitimate

- outside of our own ticketing systems, we only use Ticketmaster - and only then if we feel a home game is unlikely to sell out to Albion fans

- for the Everton game, we have identified (and cancelled) just over 100 touted tickets in home areas

- the vast majority of these are being purchased and sold on (for profit) by club members

- we now have around 14,000 club members (unfortunately, touts do use club membership schemes to embed in systems to secure home tickets)

- we are obviously aware of and alert to this practice, and we use various techniques to test and track validity of memberships – hence the touted ticket cancellations

- we will continue to do all we can to protect our fans from touts and, as ever, anyone touting tickets risk bans and also possible prosecution

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that people should be able to let friends or relatives have their seat if they cannot attend for any reason, even if they pay face value for it, but as regards touting them on a website I agree 100% with any action that the club choose to take.

PaoloAlbioni

May 6, 2016
Well done PB.
Once word gets round that tickets are being cancelled then potential punters will start to question whether buying from touts and secondary websites is worth the risk.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
It was funny seeing the touts at Arsenal there were about half a dozen on the approach from Hollaway Station and whilst none had tickets in their hand they just stuck out like sore thumbs...

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Haven't noticed many so far this season, we're not Arsenal after all

There was a chap selling them outside Falmer Station for the Man Citeh game but as my son and I were going past him a Brighton fan gave the tat-seller so much abuse that I thought punches would be thrown. Maybe that's scared gim off.

I must add though I'm still a little ambivalent about the infamous manager half-half scarves on sale outside Leicester. They were so fabulously crap that I think they could be a collector's item.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
The club allows a child's season ticket to be upgraded to adult up to 6 matches each season - so the principle of being able to pass on tickets exists already. Great to see the club taking action against touts for home tickets. Just need to find a way of doing the same for away tickets i.e. our tier 1 loyalty point harvesters who buy a ticket for each away match and sell it on.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think that people should be able to let friends or relatives have their seat if they cannot attend for any reason, even if they pay face value for it, but as regards touting them on a website I agree 100% with any action that the club choose to take.

I'm sure that many people do anyway. Just that they don't tell anyone.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005
I spotted one being a linesman in one of our matches. Barber gave me a refund on my ticket thankfully.

Several of us have formed a group and are seeking compensation through the courts. She didn't even have the decency to wave a pom pom.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here