Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 36,747

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
A record that will probably never be broken. But it got me thinking, what do you think our highest attendance would have been (approximately) this season if home capacity was unlimited and away was limited to say (an arbitrary) 5,000*? I see we have Spurs as our final home game. If there was a lot riding on that game for both teams, I think we could have seen a gate of 45,000 turning up.

*I've put that 5,000 in because some big clubs would bring tens of thousands on their own in the right circumstances.

DerekZoolander

Aug 15, 2011
A record that will probably never be broken. But it got me thinking, what do you think our highest attendance would have been (approximately) this season if home capacity was unlimited and away was limited to say (an arbitrary) 5,000*? I see we have Spurs as our final home game. If there was a lot riding on that game for both teams, I think we could have seen a gate of 45,000 turning up.

*I've put that 5,000 in because some big clubs would bring tens of thousands on their own in the right circumstances.

I don't want to sound pedantic, but is United not our last home game of the season?

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
PaLLLLLLLace (if you believe the folklore)(and bolleaux on the BBS) would bring a quarter of million good and true men. Each who say their prayers at night and ready to stand together and proud. United in the pursuit of South London's pointless but shitful athletic football club.

All the job centre's would be empty that day..mark my words!

DerekZoolander

Aug 15, 2011
True, Spurs is second to last. But as both are big clubs, I think both would still see an absolutely enormous gate.

Very true. All hypothetical of course, but would be interesting to see how the club would sell tickets to such a thing and not allow loads of United or Spurs fans in the home end.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Very true. All hypothetical of course, but would be interesting to see how the club would sell tickets to such a thing and not allow loads of United or Spurs fans in the home end.

I suspect that people could sell their last season ticket to Man Utd fans at a price that would pay for the whole season ticket

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
We would get 50,000 against United. There would away fans in the home end. (To be honest there will be this season).

70,000 + if unlimited away support. I took my kids to Wimbledon V Man U (Beckham scored from his own half). Wimbledon had the Holmesdale end, United had the other 3 stands. There will still Reds begging for tickets. a lot of them were local and it was their only chance to see "Their" team.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
We would get 50,000 against United. There would away fans in the home end. (To be honest there will be this season).

70,000 + if unlimited away support. I took my kids to Wimbledon V Man U (Beckham scored from his own half). Wimbledon had the Holmesdale end, United had the other 3 stands. There will still Reds begging for tickets. a lot of them were local and it was their only chance to see "Their" team.

This and also how many people turned up to the hove lawns celebrations again? We would take our share from them too.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

If - IF - we had a 50,000 capacity ground, we'd fill it in the first season in the PL for the matches against the likes of the 'Big Six'. Highly unlikely for the rest - high 30s to low 40s, I'd guess. Subsequent seasons in the top flight? Not so sure. The magic is slightly tarnished, and things start to settle down.

That said, who foresaw 10 years ago that we'd need a bigger stadium, let alone getting 'a stadium'...?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005
More than the 30,000 we have?

There were people here who felt we were going to only get 12,000-14,000 each match, and were convinced the stadium was a white elephant. So, no not everyone.

Ah sorry I misunderstood. I thought you meant who thought ten years ago we would need a bigger stadium THEN! Not who thought we would need a bigger NOW. As you were.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

On another plain, how many Albion fans follow on NSC, Radio Sussex or Seagulls TV when a game is on?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Ridiculous how many posts there have been without prices being mentioned. We'd potentially get huge crowds if prices were a little lower, though if the stadium were much larger they may not have been hiked so much in the first place.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Ridiculous how many posts there have been without prices being mentioned. We'd potentially get huge crowds if prices were a little lower, though if the stadium were much larger they may not have been hiked so much in the first place.

Lower prices you say.

75000 tickets sold

7500 in ground

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Imagine how many if we had to play the lower league MASSIVE Wednesday, on a Tuesday

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here