Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Didn't mind them back in the day, but never thought they were the next 'Lennon and McCartney' as people kept banging on about.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
As per post 2 and 3 can anyone understand the opening post and it's meaning? :shrug:

Assumed it was about Squeeze in concert, didn't notice the 'Politics' in brackets at the top just, the thread title on the first comment.
So I now get the comments in posts 2 and 3.
Some people like to be sort of 'abstract' when they start a thread, should be named a 'Dali' style thread.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Assumed it was about Squeeze in concert, didn't notice the 'Politics' in brackets at the top just, the thread title on the first comment.
Some people like to be sort of 'abstract' when they start a thread, should be named a 'Dali' style thread.

Must be honest I have never understood that either? I saw this post minutes after it was posted and ignored it, I would imagine many others did to, I suppose it's possible alcohol is in play :drink:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
They were fantastic and I saw a lot of middle aged people enjoying themselves watching a great band of their genre, what is the opening post bollocks about?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Squeeze are quite a political band.
Didn't they change the lyrics to Cradle To The Grave on The Andrew Marr Show because Cameron was on the show.
Maybe they were going on about child poverty etc in the country.
That's all I can think of anyway.
They do have a point but is that the place to do it.
Stevie Wonder has been banging on for years about all sorts of issues.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

What about 'lobsters'?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Sorry but I have never seen so many middle class white people pretending to be hard done by [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][/QUOTE

Not casual racism at all then

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Squeeze are quite a political band.
Didn't they change the lyrics to Cradle To The Grave on The Andrew Marr Show because Cameron was on the show.
Maybe they were going on about child poverty etc in the country.
That's all I can think of anyway.
They do have a point but is that the place to do it.
Stevie Wonder has been banging on for years about all sorts of issues.
. Living for the city!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
You just cannot beat a man with a goatee. Did Difford/Tilbrook ever overcome their Waters/Gilmour stage and become best buds again?

120526_af_gtilbrook4.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Must be honest I have never understood that either? I saw this post minutes after it was posted and ignored it, I would imagine many others did to, I suppose it's possible alcohol is in play :drink:

Maybe he/she posted on a wrong thread. Easy to do. I did it once. BG has done it. That said, BG and I do have a combined age of over 130......:facepalm::lolol:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
They were fantastic and I saw a lot of middle aged people enjoying themselves watching a great band of their genre, what is the opening post bollocks about?
One of the best bands ever.

Great songwriters. Sadly totally ''shafted'' by either advisers or record company in their early years as they do not even own their songs on the first 3 or 4 albums, so they don't even get the Royalties on their work, which is probably why they need to keep touring.

I think they tried to correct it by doing re-masters of all their work but sadly that never works usually because radio stations usually continue to play the original versions which scuppers their attempts to re-dress the injustice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here