Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Seagulls Programmes

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Back in 2009, I thought it would be a good idea to have a digital copy of all my programmes. I started scanning them in, page by page, quickly realising that it was going to be long, long task.

Yesterday evening I finished scanning my collection.

There are around 45,500 individual page scans, collected into around 1,500 sets. This includes the vast majority of Albion home programmes since 1950, fanzines and other memorabilia.

There is more to do - I want to finish off the fanzine and handbook sections, but the bulk of it is done.

Massive thanks to [MENTION=2647]gripper stebson[/MENTION] for designing the site and [MENTION=831]The History Man[/MENTION] for loads of help and encouragement along the way.

Thanks also to everyone who looks at the site. I know I'm probably off my head but it was a huge labour of love for an old anorak.

Have a look, if you haven't already www.seagullsprogrammes.co.uk

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Christ on a bike.

Rather you than me but that is quality.

I will get lost in this lot for many many many hours.

Nice one

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You might actually help me ascertain exactly which was my first game. Thank you for this.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Phenomenal work Hiney. Having done this sort of thing on a much, much smaller scale, I know just how much time, effort and dedication this takes. Time very well spent. Very well done.

The-Libertine

May 2, 2006
Back in 2009, I thought it would be a good idea to have a digital copy of all my programmes. I started scanning them in, page by page, quickly realising that it was going to be long, long task.

There are around 45,500 individual page scans, collected into around 1,500 sets. This includes the vast majority of Albion home programmes since 1950, fanzines and other memorabilia.

There is more to do - I want to finish off the fanzine and handbook sections, but the bulk of it is done.

Massive thanks to [MENTION=2647]gripper stebson[/MENTION] for designing the site and [MENTION=831]The History Man[/MENTION] for loads of help and encouragement along the way.

Thanks also to everyone who looks at the site. I know I'm probably off my head but it was a huge labour of love for an old anorak.

I look at the site regularly. Many thanks for all your hard work - it is much appreciated.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

:clap2:

Top, top work [MENTION=118]Hiney[/MENTION]. I cannot imagine how much time you have put into this, and the fact that it is available for free is incredible. I find myself looking at the site many times a week on average (unfortunately my own Albion programme collection is in storage thousands of miles away :down:).

It represents an incredible historical Albion resource; thank you.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Hello Hiney,

I’ve got all the away programmes from 1957/58 to 1982/83, if you’re at a loose end, like!

Seriously, the website is brilliant. Member 60.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Expect someone from the club to come round shortly to seize your computer.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Absolutely brilliant Hiney, that's a real labour of love, and I would imagine an extremely time consuming one too. Thank you for your efforts.

I have a collection of perhaps a thousand odd programmes but stopped buying them after two years the Amex- both a question of space and also at the time I felt the content was almost out of date by the time the game was played.

I now regret stopping buying them ,although the wife probably isn't as they do take up a fair few bookcases.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Marvellous work, Hiney.
I've been able to see the programme for my first Albion game, a 1-1 draw at home to Shrewsbury in 1962.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Top top work Hiney :bowdown:

Cannon League 1985/86 home to Stoke City... Seagulls News, pre match Lewes & District Schools will take on Eastbourne Schools FA...
I played for Lewes, main memory being changing in a church around the back and walking to the Goldstone, getting hammered by Eastbourne, with my only contribution being a foul throw and getting our medals from Justin Fashanu who was sitting in the dugout but not involved in the match...
I don't remember much about the match tbh and was unaware that we won 2-0 until now... I had a vague recollection of warming up next to Dean Saunders and your programme confirms that he was indeed playing.
Hours of fun ahead.
Always wanted to see the programme, cheers [MENTION=118]Hiney[/MENTION]

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Sorry to disappoint, but the club have been brilliant.

I have been working closely with them for a few years on this and they have bent over backwards to help me.

Well, yes - naturally. They knew what a complete ballache it would be, so far better just to let you crack on and do it for them.

:jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here