Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Wankiest Gtech Product Yet?

Coalburner

May 22, 2017
I have never understood the point of a leaf blower. All it does is move leaves from one bit of ground to another, without getting rid of them. Surely a machine that sucks up the leaves so that they can be disposed of is a far more useful and sensible idea.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
We already have a natural leaf blower.
It's called the wind.
It blows leaves and all sorts of crap, left by lazy ass humans!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I have never understood the point of a leaf blower. All it does is move leaves from one bit of ground to another, without getting rid of them. Surely a machine that sucks up the leaves so that they can be disposed of is a far more useful and sensible idea.

Here in B&H,council seems to spend unfeasibly large amounts of resource blowing leaves around and bagging them up, even before the major leaf fall season starts. Presumably to head off 'had an accident that wasnt your fault' claims. Otherwise just seems daft when the leaves are piling up quicker than they can clear them.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I would prefer one that sucks the ones that just blow aren't that good at it.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I have a leaf blower, they are very good if used properly in a decent sized garden with mature trees such as maples, and are common around here. You use them to blow the leaves into a pile. It is certainly not a wacky idea, and yes, some of them suck leaves up and mulch them as well, as mine does. But £286 does seem a little excessive.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila

I bought a leaf blower / sucker / mulcher last year and its crap....gets blocked by leaves literally every few minutes and has to be dismantled to clear the blockage...was about £35 I think...

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Mulch is a very satisfying word.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
I've got a Tescos own brand one, sucks and blows so I collect all my mulched leaves in the bag and easily empty it into a wheely bin. Great bit of kit, noisy as hell but satisfying.

Top tip DONT SUCK UP CAT SHIT. it gets shredded/mulched up and covers the fan blades, the machine then gently warms up toasting the shit and baking it. The smell is unbelievable and makes you gag. It then stinks out the shed for days.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
I've got a Tescos own brand one, sucks and blows so I collect all my mulched leaves in the bag and easily empty it into a wheely bin. Great bit of kit, noisy as hell but satisfying.

Top tip DONT SUCK UP CAT SHIT. it gets shredded/mulched up and covers the fan blades, the machine then gently warms up toasting the shit and baking it. The smell is unbelievable and makes you gag. It then stinks out the shed for days.

Sorry to all the kids watching, I thought that the swearing filter would have taken that out.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Got the Gtech vacuum and multi at home (the original), and it does the job quite well. Bought on advice from a ... Dyson service centre.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here