Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Anyone else getting the elongated last post of each page problem?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
For the past few days the last post on each page of every thread on NSC is elongated as a result of only four characters displaying on each line so
It l
ooks
some
thin
g li
ke t
his
which is really annoying.
Is any one else getting this?
How can I resolve it?
It's only on the final post of each page that it occurs and started about four days ago. I was hoping it would resolve itself but it hasn't.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Yep, but no idea how to resolve it. I just skip past

Just realised it doesn't seem to occur when I'm logged on. (Well not at the moment).
Is this a crafty way of NSC to force us to log on so they can keep better tabs on us?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Just realised it doesn't seem to occur when I'm logged on. (Well not at the moment).
Is this a crafty way of NSC to force us to log on so they can keep better tabs on us?

No, George Smith of 21 Townhall Road Brighton Sussex Mobile number 01110 2255878 who's wife's name is Marion and 2 kids called Bob & Marcia, (how is the German Shepard dog by the way?) Lovely new Gazebo in the Garden as well :thumbsup: .................... Of course we don't keep tabs on ANYONE!!! :)

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
only when I use the google app on Apple devices, something to do with Google embedding adds I think.

The Clamp

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yep. Along with adverts where cars drive across my screen, some bald muscle man shakes his fist at me and worst of all William bloody Hill adverts shrink my NSC screen to a little box inside a huge WH banner. And I was concerned that right wing racists were taking over NSC.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Which begs the question - why not just stay logged in ? After all you can't post without being logged in.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It could only happen if you're not logged in, as guests have a small box advert to the right side of the last post on a page. And also only on a phone, I assume, as a desktop view is wide enough to accommodate it.

Still - it looks poor, I appreciate, and I'm still working on template modifications to improve things like this.

However, if you are registered and logged in you get far fewer adverts. When you're logged in you'll barely notice the ads, when you're a guest you almost certainly will.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
No, George Smith of 21 Townhall Road Brighton Sussex Mobile number 01110 2255878 who's wife's name is Marion and 2 kids called Bob & Marcia, (how is the German Shepard dog by the way?) Lovely new Gazebo in the Garden as well :thumbsup: .................... Of course we don't keep tabs on ANYONE!!! :)

Prince? The one named Sheba died

Albion my Albion

Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
For the past few days the last post on each page of every thread on NSC is elongated as a result of only four characters displaying on each line so
It l
ooks
some
thin
g li
ke t
his
How can I resolve it?
It's only on the final post of each page that it occurs and started about four days ago. I was hoping it would resolve itself but it hasn't.

You mean all the posts don't look like that?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
It could only happen if you're not logged in, as guests have a small box advert to the right side of the last post on a page. And also only on a phone, I assume, as a desktop view is wide enough to accommodate it.

Still - it looks poor, I appreciate, and I'm still working on template modifications to improve things like this.

However, if you are registered and logged in you get far fewer adverts. When you're logged in you'll barely notice the ads, when you're a guest you almost certainly will.

Its only a very recent glitzch for me. Started a few days ago

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Which begs the question - why not just stay logged in ? After all you can't post without being logged in.

I usually only log in to post or check notifications otherwise I don't bother. Also sometimes I get automatically logged out so becomes a pain to keep logging in. I only discovered the solution last night by accident anyway, coincidentally when I logged in to respond to the first response to this thread. His response pre login was elongated but as soon as I logged in to respond voila!

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Do love a conspiracy theory
You might scoff but I looked out my window earlier and there was a man standing on the other side of the road on a grassy knoll peering up at my house. Looked a bit like [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]. You can't be too careful.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
That was uncannily accurate... but then you'd know that wouldn't you.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
for the past few days the last post on each page of every thread on nsc is elongated as a result of only four characters displaying on each line so
it l
ooks
some
thin
g li
ke t
his
How can i resolve it?

b
i
g
b
r
o
t
h
e
r
i
s