Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Brighton Women vs Yeovil in Continental Cup 7.45pm tonight @ Lancing

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
I can't go because I'm working, but in case someone felt like supporting the Women's team, they are playing Yeovil Town (who are also in the WSL2 league) in their first match of the The FA WSL Continental Tyres Cup group stages tonight at Culver Road this evening at 7.45pm.

The Seagulls will also come up against Bristol City, Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur in the competition group stages.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...on-ladies-vs-yeovil-town-ladies-on-11-oct-17/

Ignore the Buy Tickets link on that page as tickets can only be purchased on the gate for this fixture. Prices are £6 for adults and £3 for 65+/Under-16s.

:albion2:

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Two late consolations for Yeovil mean the match ended 4-2 (whoops, sorry for putting 2-0 originally - obviously not having a good night!)

I got it wrong in my original post, Yeovil are a WSL 1 side so a good result for Brighton even if Yeovil were a changed side from normal.

Up The Albion! :albion2:

Last edited:

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Two late consolations for Yeovil mean the match ended 2-0.

I got it wrong in my original post, Yeovil are a WSL 1 side so a good result for Brighton even if Yeovil were a changed side from normal.

Up The Albion! :albion2:

4-2 surely. Pardon me if I'm being a thicky and missing something obvious. Anyway, bloody well done, girls.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
4-2 surely. Pardon me if I'm being a thicky and missing something obvious. Anyway, bloody well done, girls.

Whoops - thanks, I've edited my original post. I blame the cider I've had... ;)

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
A good performance from the Albion, controlled most of the game, and could have had ten but for better finishing. Two sloppy goals conceded at the end (though the second one was easily five yards offside).

But encouraging overall for a team with three debutantes.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Seem to have fitness problems going by late goals conceded in the last two games but hopefully able to challenge at the higher level this season. All in all very encouraging.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
A good performance from the Albion, controlled most of the game, and could have had ten but for better finishing. Two sloppy goals conceded at the end (though the second one was easily five yards offside).

But encouraging overall for a team with three debutantes.

It’s bad enough explaining to wife my passion for going to see the men’s team every other week, I can only imagine he reaction if I started watching the girls football too[emoji23]

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Is this something like the baseball world series, where it's all within the US?

Isn't is something to do the the newspaper called the 'New York World'.

In which case is this prestigious tournament sponsored by German tyre manufacturer 'Continental AG'?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It’s bad enough explaining to wife my passion for going to see the men’s team every other week, I can only imagine he reaction if I started watching the girls football too[emoji23]

Bring her along too then.

I went with someone who hadn't seen the women's team play before. "It's much quicker than I thought it would be. And we're pretty good, aren't we...?"

Sold.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here