Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Everton game NOT on Sky in UK

kennyb

May 23, 2004
The game on Sunday is not being shown on Sky in this country however it is being shown live in wait for it (drumroll) INDIA !

Further evidence that the Premier League do not care about the inconvenience of the supporters who pay the wages of players , they are more intrested in getting more money through the global market.

What frightens me more is the clun were approached by the PL to authorise this.

No wonder people turn to the likes of Kodi when they are being mugged off .

Star Sports is the channel it is on if anyone can access that

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Wow, learn something new every day

I wonder how many more times this will be mentioned......

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Supporters pay very little towards wages anymore. And the club wouldn't be approached to authorise - the TV schedule dictated when we play. We get very few dates to select where we are unable to play home games - the rest are are all subject to TV changes.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
#VenkysOut

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The game on Sunday is not being shown on Sky in this country however it is being shown live in wait for it (drumroll) INDIA !

Further evidence that the Premier League do not care about the inconvenience of the supporters who pay the wages of players , they are more intrested in getting more money through the global market.

What frightens me more is the clun were approached by the PL to authorise this.

No wonder people turn to the likes of Kodi when they are being mugged off .

Star Sports is the channel it is on if anyone can access that

3pm with its tradition is always the best time for a kick off....but actually 1.30 is more convenient for me...thanks Sky :moo:

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Will be streams somewhere.. Is available in Germany and Austria through DAZN... Although the commentary is normally in German..

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
3pm with its tradition is always the best time for a kick off....but actually 1.30 is more convenient for me...thanks Sky :moo:

Yeah, this time I don't mind. My Sunday will now comfortably take in: football, a walk back home, trip to the gym and a nice roast.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Will be on in dozens of countries, like all PL games. Just not here :shrug:

Hopefully in Gran Canaria, can't wait to start my thread which bar shall we all meet in.........

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Will be on in dozens of countries, like all PL games. Just not here :shrug:

True. But visitors having access to either the correct channel/platform or finding a foreign venue showing it is not so easy.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I thought this was interesting from the Daily Mail in it's article yesterday about it:

Instead of broadcasting the top-flight clash, Sky will be showing the Championship match between local rivals Derby and Nottingham Forest as their early fixture.

It is understood that the decision to move Everton's trip from a Saturday 3pm kick-off to 1.30pm on Sunday was in case it was selected as the fifth match to be televised in the UK this weekend.

However, when it wasn't chosen, the Premier League decided against moving it back, leaving it available for international broadcasters.

Only India's Star Sports picked the game up, meaning it will be shown live at 6pm in Mumbai but not on Merseyside.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...TV-despite-Sunday-kick-off.html#ixzz4vBokdXQJ
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I thought this was interesting from the Daily Mail in it's article yesterday about it:

Instead of broadcasting the top-flight clash, Sky will be showing the Championship match between local rivals Derby and Nottingham Forest as their early fixture.

It is understood that the decision to move Everton's trip from a Saturday 3pm kick-off to 1.30pm on Sunday was in case it was selected as the fifth match to be televised in the UK this weekend.

However, when it wasn't chosen, the Premier League decided against moving it back, leaving it available for international broadcasters.

Only India's Star Sports picked the game up, meaning it will be shown live at 6pm in Mumbai but not on Merseyside.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...TV-despite-Sunday-kick-off.html#ixzz4vBokdXQJ
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I said that weeks ago, we were asked to move as a standby in case they couldn't get the fixtures they wanted at 1pm on Sunday

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here