Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Panto

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Nearly that time of year again!!

Who is appearing in your local panto?? We’ve got Lydia from Flame Introductions as the ‘star’ in Cinderella here in Lyme this year.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I've seen Honey G is in the one in Hastings and I'm tempted to go just for that... what?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Aladdin at the Fairfield Halls, Croydon with Roy Hodgson as Widow Twankey.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I've seen Honey G is in the one in Hastings and I'm tempted to go just for that... what?

Altogether now, S to the L to E to the E to the P to the I to the N to the G to the B to the E to the A to the U to the T to the Y its Sleeping Beauty.
Booooooooooooooooo, f**k off you total waste of air.
Sounds like great fun.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Beck Theatre Hayes has the delights of Roxy from Eastenders, AKA Rita Simmons - Aladdin
Swan in High Wycombe has Simon Webbe - Jack & the Beanstalk

:shootself

pwlr1966

Aug 7, 2011
Snow White at the windmill theatre in Hove actually

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Nearly that time of year again!!

Who is appearing in your local panto?? We’ve got Lydia from Flame Introductions as the ‘star’ in Cinderella here in Lyme this year.

Absolutely no one on this planet, not even you, knows what happened to Levis 501 'I Heard it Through the Grapevine' launderette model and occasional chanteuse Nick Kamen (Each Time You Break my Heart). The trail just goes stone cold after the 80s, Google tells you nothing. The most successful disappearing act since Lord Lucan. Absolutely incredible.

aberllefenni

Jan 15, 2009
Sadly, Brighton is too pretentious for panto.

Wasn't always this way. I remember being taken by my dad to the Theatre Royal to see Goldilocks and the Three Bears which featured Larry Grayson before he had his tv break. I remember him walking to the front of the stage dressed in a red jacket, top hat and carrying a whip. Years later, and it's obvious why my dad left it quite a few years before telling me this, but apparently his opening line was, "I'm the ringmaster, how's that for typecasting."

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Wasn't always this way. I remember being taken by my dad to the Theatre Royal to see Goldilocks and the Three Bears which featured Larry Grayson before he had his tv break. I remember him walking to the front of the stage dressed in a red jacket, top hat and carrying a whip. Years later, and it's obvious why my dad left it quite a few years before telling me this, but apparently his opening line was, "I'm the ringmaster, how's that for typecasting."

Panto at the Theatre Royal was an annual treat for my family, my favourite memory being of Julian Clary riding his chariot across stage in full camp regalia. Oh, how we laughed. Unfortunately, it all seemed to come to an abrupt end the year that the two cleaning ladies off telly found themselves top of the bill. God, that was dreadful, but i do think it's now time for the Theatre Royal to put that trauma behind itself and bring panto back to Brighton.

el punal

Aladdin at the Fairfield Halls, Croydon with Roy Hodgson as Widow Twankey.

Or at Selhurst Park.

The fans to the defence : "He's behind you!"

The defence : "Oh no he's not!"

The fans : "Oh yes he is!"

Repeat ad nauseum until. . .

Roy Hodgson aka Window Twankey : "Goal!"

The fans : "Oh shit! F***! Bollocks!" and then break into song with 'Glad All Over'! :cheers:

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Or at Selhurst Park.

The fans to the defence : "He's behind you!"

The defence : "Oh no he's not!"

The fans : "Oh yes he is!"

Repeat ad nauseum until. . .

Roy Hodgson aka Window Twankey : "Goal!"

The fans : "Oh shit! F***! Bollocks!" and then break into song with 'Glad All Over'! :cheers:

Don’t forget the firing of a few t-shirts into the audience......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here