Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

10 West Ham tickets showing as available on ticket website

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005
Two hours later and still some available.

Makes me think they should offer returns at a lower points level.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
This is stupid, tier 2 had their time, if anymore become available they need to be general sale.

Same message on both West Ham and Swansea. If you weren't in the tier it sold out in, you're not having a ticket, regardless of how many become available.

It seems there are maybe too many comps held back initially, as this could artificially make it sell out in the wrong band, even if we agreed with the principle, which I don't.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Yep, yet another bizarre decision by the Albion's ticketing circus act.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
Aug 8, 2005
And there are still some available now. So almost a day without being sold. Ridiculous that they haven't at least gone to the next tier down.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
And there are still some available now. So almost a day without being sold. Ridiculous that they haven't at least gone to the next tier down.

They were showing sold out last night - some more returns maybe ?

*edit* maybe showing as sold out because of tier points. I'm 5 points below the threshold... maybe I should have bought a Bournemouth ticket :p

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Unless the club communicate about the availability, most fans won’t know. As far as most are concerned, West Ham sold out long ago and very few people have any need to be on the ticketing site currently.

I think it’s right that the club give the tier where the initial “sell out” happened to have first dibs on these tickets. Why should it become s free for all when there’s still plenty of time to lower the points ahead of the game if tickets remain.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Unless the club communicate about the availability, most fans won’t know. As far as most are concerned, West Ham sold out long ago and very few people have any need to be on the ticketing site currently.

I think it’s right that the club give the tier where the initial “sell out” happened to have first dibs on these tickets. Why should it become s free for all when there’s still plenty of time to lower the points ahead of the game if tickets remain.

I agree about giving first refusal to the sellout tier, but still think that the club should simply knock an email out to all members with between XXX and YYY points, who have yet to buy said ticket, saying "You've got until tomorrow (or something) to get involved, otherwise they're going on general sale. Fill yer boots"

Steve in Japan

May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne

In principle, I disagree. Opening up returned tickets to general sale (or even to the next tier down) is one of the few ways I can think of to broaden the away support base without pissing off people.. And I say that as somebody who does not want to travel.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012

True but those in Tier 2 who really wanted to go could have got have easily got their tickets when they first came out, if memory serves it took a few days to shift all those tickets so it wasn't like there was a mad scramble. Also the current messaging on the website doesn't suggest that any more tickets will be available to anyone else but Tier 2.

I'm sure the club aren't that stupid but at the moment it looks like there is the potential for a bunch of empty seats being left and an increasingly frustrated group of fans who can't get their hands on them.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'm sure the club aren't that stupid but at the moment it looks like there is the potential for a bunch of empty seats being left and an increasingly frustrated group of fans who can't get their hands on them.

To be fair the game is over a week away, and it seems to be only 10-20 seats at a time so 'bunch of empty seats' is maybe a bit dramatic....

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I have managed to get west ham tickets today but only knew they were on sale this morning due to anfriend tipping me off as he was online looking at man utd sale dates.

I did see this thread last night at 11pm and went on line but it was showing as sold out so looks like batches are being released

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
True but those in Tier 2 who really wanted to go could have got have easily got their tickets when they first came out, if memory serves it took a few days to shift all those tickets so it wasn't like there was a mad scramble.

It sold out in tier 2. That means within the first 3 days (I can't remember if it went to the third day now).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here