Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gov't petition - geometrically correct football on road signs

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
The road signs for football stadia show a football made out of only hexagons, which is geometrically impossible. There's a petition to get parliament to change the road signs to show the correct pattern. It has already garnered enough votes to force a ministerial response. Next step: parliamentary debate...

:lolol:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/202305

Get signing...for the yoofs' education.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
These dickheads are wasting our tax money too. That of course is hilarious with debt levels as they are. Further evidence that some people are just too stupid to see our civil servants have better things to do.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Government responds to all petitions that get more than 10,000 signatures
Dear Sir/Madam,

Get a life.

Sincerely,
The Government.

At 100,000 signatures, this petition will be considered for debate in Parliament
Dear Sir/Madam,

We gave having a debate some consideration, but decided not to.

Sincerely,
The Government.

PS. Get a life

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Phew that's lucky, I was wondering what the Govt would do with all this spare cash washing around the system at the moment, The NHS, Teachers, Emergency Services and Welfare all said no thanks so it looked like we'd be stuck with it, and then BINGO, up pops this thread.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
These dickheads are wasting our tax money too. That of course is hilarious with debt levels as they are. Further evidence that some people are just too stupid to see our civil servants have better things to do.

Government responds to all petitions that get more than 10,000 signatures
Dear Sir/Madam,

Get a life.

Sincerely,
The Government.

At 100,000 signatures, this petition will be considered for debate in Parliament
Dear Sir/Madam,

We gave having a debate some consideration, but decided not to.

Sincerely,
The Government.

PS. Get a life

Scum, subhuman scum.

Or highlighting the fact that the government needs to start using this service seriously and listening to its populace?!

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
To be clear, this wouldn't cost extra money. Only wants it adjusted on future signs, not existing signs.

I'd argue that this is exactly the sort of thing that will cost money. A few brainstorming meetings with some design consultancy, a bit of project branding, some documentation. Definitely looking at six figures.

Also worth remembering the first rule of government procurement; why have one, when you can have two at twice the price...

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Absolutely signed. I think hexagons miss the point. We must use our sphere of influence.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This endless flow of shit stupid petitions does my head in. Barely a day goes by without some goon on facebook posting a link to some pointless crusade or other. When has one of these online petitions ever affected anything ?

(I know, irrational rant, but they boil my piss. Get a ******* life)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Or highlighting the fact that the government needs to start using this service seriously and listening to its populace?!
I think you’d need to be a bit special to think this example is the one to communicate the revolution to the masses. It’s precisely why many of these petitions get ignored - all they prove is we have a lot of not so bright people in his country a) because they signed it b) because they believe anyone in government gives a toss.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
what a daft waste of time, and borderline abuse of the government petition system. its a symbol, it doest matter if its not geometrically accurate as long as its understood. did the author not notice the lack of accuracy on the rest of the road signage? should we have a petition for pictorially accurate image of a workman, elderly, car skidding etc, etc?

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
I'd argue that this is exactly the sort of thing that will cost money. A few brainstorming meetings with some design consultancy, a bit of project branding, some documentation. Definitely looking at six figures.

Also worth remembering the first rule of government procurement; why have one, when you can have two at twice the price...

Nail head

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Easy. Use a bit of the £350,000,000 a day we're saving and we can afford hologram footballs on all our road signs.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
what a daft waste of time, and borderline abuse of the government petition system. its a symbol, it doest matter if its not geometrically accurate as long as its understood. did the author not notice the lack of accuracy on the rest of the road signage? should we have a petition for pictorially accurate image of a workman, elderly, car skidding etc, etc?

Or a speed camera sign. The one they chose is odd, looks more like a speaker or a robot that's had a stroke.

The workman sign should be ditched altogether. I've never actually seen a roadworker. /BANTS

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here