Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Upcoming PS4 purchase- reccomended games?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
The package I am looking at (early Xmas pressie) has the latest Fifa game included.. any others worthy of getting?

Simple shoot em ups, driving / build an empire type ones preferred.. Not into the big adventure level by level stuff.

CoD WWII is released in early Nov...?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
New Cod and Wolfenstein

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Battlefront 2 should be a decent game.

I would avoid COD personally and pick up BF1.

Sonic Mania if you like retro games you can get this on the PS store, easily one of my favoruite games I have played in a long time.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Fair enough, I played the beta, I just can't get into the newer COD games.

Yeah, I agree the newer CoD games are much less good than the old ones, but WWII trumps star wars for me. Stupid, I know, I should go for game mechanics first - but my character holding a 303? Yeah, that'll do me.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
The new Gran Turismo is out on the 18th if you're looking for a driving game
DOOM and Wolfenstein are both classics and you should be able to get them for a bit cheaper, Wolfenstein 2 is coming out soon as well.
Heard some good things about Star Wars Battlefront 2. Not entirely sure about CoD:WW2, lots of people weren't impressed when they played it, the singleplayer might be alright though if you aren't too bothered about the multiplayer.

You're going to struggle with finding Empire building games on PS4 because they're usually PC only. Tropico 5 is the only exception.

Last edited:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Aircraft and tanks in CoD? Dunno - I'm hoping so.

WWI? Sure, why not? Got a suggestion?
Battlefield 1 has planes and tanks. BF4 (which is a few years old now) in modern era, with modern tanks, jets, helicopters. Most people are just running around on the ground with the usual guns though. 32 people a side, it takes COD to being an actual full blown battle instead of a little skirmish. I like COD MW3 etc, but once I tried BF there was no going back.

For more tactical 5 v 5, Rainbow 6 Siege is good. It's not just run and gun though, it can be quite serious.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Battlefield 1 has planes and tanks. BF4 (which is a few years old now) in modern era, with modern tanks, jets, helicopters. Most people are just running around on the ground with the usual guns though. 32 people a side, it takes COD to being an actual full blown battle instead of a little skirmish. I like COD MW3 etc, but once I tried BF there was no going back.

For more tactical 5 v 5, Rainbow 6 Siege is good. It's not just run and gun though, it can be quite serious.

Thanks - I'll take a look...

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Most of my recommendations would be weird stuff that hardly anyone else likes (The Last Guardian, Nier: Automata - basically, the Japanese things PS4 has that Xbox doesn't). It sounds like you're interested in things with wider appeal though, in which case you really, really must check out Rocket League.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Most of my recommendations would be weird stuff that hardly anyone else likes (The Last Guardian, Nier: Automata - basically, the Japanese things PS4 has that Xbox doesn't). It sounds like you're interested in things with wider appeal though, in which case you really, really must check out Rocket League.

I'm interested in your 'weird stuff' recommendations if poss - I know precious little about it and am dipping my toe in in those moments when I haven't got a baby or toddler to feed/amuse/change/burp/etc

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Waste of money. Xbox lags behind the PS4 where it really matters - GAMES. The exclusives for PS4 are simply in a different league.
Well Forza is better than what PS4 had to offer :shrug: PS4 have had some good exclusives though.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
The new Gran Turismo is out on the 18th if you're looking for a driving game
DOOM and Wolfenstein are both classics and you should be able to get them for a bit cheaper, Wolfenstein 2 is coming out soon as well.
Heard some good things about Star Wars Battlefront 2. Not entirely sure about CoD:WW2, lots of people weren't impressed when they played it, the singleplayer might be alright though if you aren't too bothered about the multiplayer.

You're going to struggle with finding Empire building games on PS4 because they're usually PC only. Tropico 5 is the only exception.

Cities Skylines is pretty good.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here