Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Gallagher single in 15 years

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
No really.

Clearly a rip off of Plastic Bertrand, a bit of Abba, and a lot of Ricky Martin (She Bangs) - its in fact simply glorious - a belter no less - and the best thing either of em have done since probably The Importance of Being Idle and that was 13 years ago, or the Hindu Times (15 years).

In fact i don't think i've liked anything as much, by them, since Be Hear Now.

here on spotify (there's no official version on Youtube yet. and all the rips keep getting taken down)
https://open.spotify.com/track/0FbZlKV9DtKX1MGNN4Czmc

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Got tickets for Noel in April but missed out on Liam’s gig in December (if anyone’s got any going PLEASE PM me)

Noel was on Radio X this morning, it was a good listen and very interesting to hear him talk about what inspired him when producing this ‘different’ album. His words, not mine.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I never thought I'd say it but (on first listen) I prefer Liam's new stuff.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It's time to quote Mark Renton and Sick Boy from Trainspotting again gang:

Mark "Rent-boy" Renton:Some of his solo stuff's not bad.

Sick Boy:No, it's not bad, but it's not great either. And in your heart you kind of know that although it sounds all right, it's actually just shite.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Quite like the song. Shame years of substance abuse have reduced his voice to a pitiful nasal squeak. And doesn't show signs of stopping the naughty if the ****ing state of him on Graham Norton is owt to go by. Sweating, jittery, tweaked mess.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Quite like the song. Shame years of substance abuse have reduced his voice to a pitiful nasal squeak. And doesn't show signs of stopping the naughty if the ****ing state of him on Graham Norton is owt to go by. Sweating, jittery, tweaked mess.

That was Liam. This is Noel.

I never thought I'd say it but (on first listen) I prefer Liam's new stuff.

That's also where I am right now based on what I've heard.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

Are you talking about Liam? This song is by Noel.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Yes. My mistake.

Ok, I also disagree with your comments on his voice. I think he's not sounded this good in years.He's done an absolute ton of media/press for his new albums and he's seemed really sharp and pretty funny in all of the bits I've seen him in. That one on Graham Norton he is sweating like an absolute pig looks to me as if he's just performed in a big coat with TV lights all over him.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Got tickets for Noel in April but missed out on Liam’s gig in December (if anyone’s got any going PLEASE PM me)

Noel was on Radio X this morning, it was a good listen and very interesting to hear him talk about what inspired him when producing this ‘different’ album. His words, not mine.

I've got a pair for Ally Pally, which I'm not sure I'm going to be able to go to now. My kids aren't interested (too old for us, Dad - fools). Is that too far for you (I know he's doing the Brighton Centre too)? If Ally Pally is close enough, I'll let you know closer to the time if I'm going or not.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
To be clear. This is me saying that Noel's new track is stand out astonishing, different and a bit bonkers.

Liams new stuff isn't. It really isn't. Its better than Beady Eye of course. I grant you :)

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
To be clear. This is me saying that Noel's new track is stand out astonishing, different and a bit bonkers.

Liams new stuff isn't. It really isn't. Its better than Beady Eye of course. I grant you :)

Yeah I'm with you. The new Liam stuff is pretty awful. I still love him (for being him) but the music is utter gash.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Well, no, no you weren't. You were saying it's the best Gallacher single in 15 years. You weren't commenting on different-ness.

What is considered "best" is clearly highly subjective.

I'll certainly concede that Holy Mountain is very different and slightly bonkers for Noel Gallagher though. You'd struggle to place it as him if you didn't know. Right now I prefer "You Know We Can't Go Back" from his recent works.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here