Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Comedy Rant

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

One trick pony. Not watched this particular episode but I'm willing to bet my mortgage that it starts with him looking ill-prepared, starting genially enough with a few swear words but by the end he works himself into such a fake anger that he's apoplectic with rage, swearing about neo-cons and neo-liberalism. Anyone want to take me up on that bet?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
One trick pony. Not watched this particular episode but I'm willing to bet my mortgage that it starts with him looking ill-prepared, starting genially enough with a few swear words but by the end he works himself into such a fake anger that he's apoplectic with rage, swearing about neo-cons and neo-liberalism. Anyone want to take me up on that bet?

He is a one trick pony, but it's a very good rant.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
He is a one trick pony, but it's a very good rant.

I'm sure it was. Was that one filmed whilst he was still working for Russia Today or after he left? I'd hesitate before accusing anyone of taking money from a mouthpiece for a fascist, homophobic State in order to reach a wide audience but I rather suspect that he was happy to take money from a mouthpiece for a fascist, homophobic State so that he could reach a wide audience.

Eric Idle on package holidays in Monty Python.

What a silly bunt!

This one at around the 2' mark you mean

Younger members may need Watneys Red Barrel and Timothy Whites explaining to them, possibly also Campbells soup, Mr. Smith and Enoch Powell. Quality rant.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Andrew Lawrence does the best comedy rants. On the 1 minute mark he tells the truth about Frankie Boyle's utter and complete hypocrisy and on the 3 minute mark completely dissects Stewart Lee for what he really is. This is a masterclass in how to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mrL0x3oEh8

Not heard of him before but anyone that can so accurately skewer Boyle and Lee gets my vote as well...

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Last edited:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Andrew Lawrence does the best comedy rants. On the 1 minute mark he tells the truth about Frankie Boyle's utter and complete hypocrisy and on the 3 minute mark completely dissects Stewart Lee for what he really is. This is a masterclass in how to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mrL0x3oEh8
Quite amusing until you watch the earlier part of his gig where he's sticking up for Dapper Laughs (while completely missing the point of rape culture etc) and Clarkson.

Two Grade A *****.

I didn't watch any more but I guess it's down the same route.

He's funny but he's about as far off the mark as Ulloa's penalty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here