Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have the Bournemouth letters hit the doormat yet?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005
I'm assuming not as no one has posted on here yet.

Has there been a change of plan? Are they not being sent anymore?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Do you think anyone is going to admit to getting one ?

I should have got one. Moved house between the club saying they are going to send them and now. Would like to know what they say.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Spoke to the club on a few matters yesterday. They’ve not done out yet but are about to.

I don’t doubt one will be posted somewhere (here, Twitter or FB) when that happens.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Attachments

• combine-harvester-new-holland-cr1090-heavyweight-world-champion.jpg
    combine-harvester-new-holland-cr1090-heavyweight-world-champion.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 2,396

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Doubt the club will make that distinction.......

:shrug: Up to them I suppose. I am north of 100 points ahead of the tier 1 cut off and have been since the start of the season so it does not really matter to me what they do. It would be nice if the club would admit their own culpability in this matter at some point though. That is not going to happen though is it?

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
:shrug: Up to them I suppose. I am north of 100 points ahead of the tier 1 cut off and have been since the start of the season so it does not really matter to me what they do. It would be nice if the club would admit their own culpability in this matter at some point though. That is not going to happen though is it?

Nope, can’t see it......they might ban you from buying tickets for a bit though.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Spoke to the club on a few matters yesterday. They’ve not done out yet but are about to.

I don’t doubt one will be posted somewhere (here, Twitter or FB) when that happens.

Yep, they are out.
One of the pastas has received one today via email.
I dont mind admitting the fact either as we believe its been sent in error(we turned up to the league and cup game)
Anyway its similar to the press release with a little extra.

YOUR NON-ATTENDANCE AGAINST AFC BOURNEMOUTH
CARABAO CUP THIRD ROUND TIE ON TUESDAY 19 SEPTEMBER

Hi (insert name)

As you may be aware, of the 1,235 sell-out away attendance for the Carabao Cup match at AFC Bournemouth, almost 50% of Albion fans who purchased tickets did not attend the match. As a result we requested attendance data from AFC Bournemouth and we are aware that you are one of the 596 supporters who purchased a ticket but did not turn up for the game.

We do understand that a small number of supporters may have missed the game for personal reasons. However, the number of supporters that did not attend suggests that many purchased tickets without any intention of using them and made the purchase simply to secure loyalty points. Following the abuse by some supporters the following changes to the scheme were agreed at a recent club board meeting:

terms and conditions of the loyalty point scheme will be amended so that loyalty points are awarded on match attendance – for both home and away games – and not simply on ticket purchase
the club now reserves the right to reconcile attendance data from host clubs with away match tickets sold; and loyalty points may only be awarded once this process is complete
where attendance data isn’t available from host clubs, the club reserves the right to use other pre- and post-turnstile methods to measure and record supporter attendance at matches against tickets sold
identifiable abuses of the loyalty scheme will result in loyalty point deductions and may also result in possible further sanctions (including a further deduction of points or an away ticket ban)
where away match tickets are purchased and passed on for use by other fans not eligible for the tickets, supporters risk punitive sanctions including loyalty point reductions and an away ticket ban

The above changes will be implemented with immediate effect.

The club’s board is committed to maintaining a loyalty point scheme that is fair and transparent for all fans.

The loyalty point scheme is primarily designed to drive support for the team and to reward fans for doing this.

As demand for tickets exceeds supply for most of our away games, and whilst the vast majority of fans buy tickets to support the team, it is clear that some fans are tempted to 'harvest' points for matches they don’t wish to attend.

This type of behaviour is against the spirit of the club’s loyalty scheme, doesn’t provide any support to the team, and stops other fans from attending matches along with the chance to build their own loyalty point totals.

If identified, this behaviour will now lead to punitive sanctions as outlined above. The club will not issue any further warnings before taking action.

On this occasion the club will not be taking any action against individuals for not attending the AFC Bournemouth game, but for the sake of your fellow supporters and to avoid us having to take any further action, we ask that in future you only purchase a ticket for an away match if you fully intend to use it.

Many Thanks

Edited to remove name just in case
Head Of Ticketing & Supporter Services

Last edited:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Many Thanks

Jenny Gower

Head Of Ticketing & Supporter Services

Edited back in, because it is necessary to know who is accusing who of what.

So no ban from buying tickets [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] which would have been draconian to say the least.

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Edited back in, because it is necessary to know who is accusing who of what.

So no ban from buying tickets [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] which would have been draconian to say the least.

Good news......reads like a ‘final warning’ though........

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hope when sending out the letters the club has checked that someone who purchased a ticket for the Bournemouth match and didn't attend is not dead. Presumably the club will make that distinction.

Will they (or their executors, I suppose) be allowed to let a mate to use their points, or will they have to hope there's a point exchange scheme available?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Interesting Barber has not put his name at the end of that letter! Doubt the Head Of Ticketing had anything to do with it.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Have they said what they're doing about missing home matches yet? Will you lose points if you miss just the odd one, or if you put them on the exchange?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here