Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chinese Taipei's New Boss is an Englishman Who Did It His Way

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As Gareth Southgate steered England into the World Cup Finals Thursday night, on the other side of the planet his countryman, Gary White, marked his first game in charge of Chinese Taipei with a 4-2 friendly win over Mongolia. Next up is Bahrain in an Asian Cup qualification game Tuesday.

Never heard of him? White's playing career started at the non-too-glamourous Bognor Regis Town...

https://www.thatsmags.com/shanghai/post/20796/gary-white-on-coaching-football-around-the-world

Was this the fella who did a very entertaining interview with Danny Baker a year or so ago?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
As Gareth Southgate steered England into the World Cup Finals Thursday night, on the other side of the planet his countryman, Gary White, marked his first game in charge of Chinese Taipei with a 4-2 friendly win over Mongolia. Next up is Bahrain in an Asian Cup qualification game Tuesday.

Never heard of him? White's playing career started at the non-too-glamourous Bognor Regis Town...

https://www.thatsmags.com/shanghai/post/20796/gary-white-on-coaching-football-around-the-world

Was this the fella who did a very entertaining interview with Danny Baker a year or so ago?

I'll tell you how high the quality is out there; I've played and trained at the national stadium on numerous occasions. One of them was our ex pat club's annual gala tournament. We started at 10am and no one was allowed to run on to the pitch until they'd had a shot of Polish Vodka.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'll tell you how high the quality is out there; I've played and trained at the national stadium on numerous occasions. One of them was our ex pat club's annual gala tournament. We started at 10am and no one was allowed to run on to the pitch until they'd had a shot of Polish Vodka.

You were in Taiwan were you not ? Chinese Taipei is the politically neutral term I guess. My dear former next door neighbour would not be happy. She was a Taiwanese nurse. I do so miss her. Fierce on the independence thing.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You were in Taiwan were you not ? Chinese Taipei is the politically neutral term I guess. My dear former next door neighbour would not be happy. She was a Taiwanese nurse. I do so miss her. Fierce on the independence thing.

Chinese Taipei is the name they have to use to compete internationally. How you think of yourself depends on if you're a green or a blue.

Anyway, I think we can all agree that if England played them then England would win 1-0 (H Kane, pen, 86) before going out to North Korea in the next round.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here