Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

heirhunters

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Had them turn up at my door Fri, and 2 company's contracts sent sat morn,first I've heard of it!
Anyone else had dealings,I wouldn't let them in but what they were saying about my family was all true?

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Had them turn up at my door Fri, and 2 company's contracts sent sat morn,first I've heard of it!
Anyone else had dealings,I wouldn't let them in but what they were saying about my family was all true?
We had a letter last week. Have you looked on Bon Vacantia to check? Not sure how you find out the value of the estate.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
We had a letter last week. Have you looked on Bon Vacantia to check? Not sure how you find out the value of the estate.

We were told as soon as we sign one of the agreements they would tell us the value,a house in Hampstead has even mentioned, might just let my sister sort it

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
We've had frazer and frazer and the ones on the TV programme finders

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
We were told as soon as we sign one of the agreements they would tell us the value,a house in Hampstead has even mentioned, might just let my sister sort it
That would imply that the information is available to the public then. Heir hunter firms have no special access to information, so it should be possible for us to find it.

I understand they charge between 10-30%, a bigger cut for the smaller estates I suppose.

House in Hampstead - are you planning your retirement? [emoji3]

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Both contracts asking for 5%,I'm useless with these sort of things,it's my deceased mum's cousin I was told

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I've only seen the tv programme, but from what I've seen, they only use birth/marriage certificates, and electoral rolls to trace heirs.
I've had something left in a will but I knew about it before my relative deceased.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Both contracts asking for 5%,I'm useless with these sort of things,it's my deceased mum's cousin I was told

5% for telling you you have something you didnt know about and sorting paperwork for you to sign off, seems pretty reasonable.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Just done a bit of research, and you can only find out the value of the estate once you've made a claim. However, if you can find out where they died, it is possible to find out how much the house sold for.

I would imagine that this company has done this and found that the estate is going to be large. Your 5% quote would suggest this too, as I understand that 25% would be the average that a company like this would ask for.

Think your family is in the money, empire...

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Yes,they both said once signed,they will inform me of how much the estate is worth,cheers for the info pal

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Had another 2 company's sent packs out today,all saying 5%,all saying the same, once I've signed agreement they would tell me roughly what the estate is worth

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Be careful a very tasty firm in the 80s and 90s.Not so much now..wait a minute Heir Hunters not Head Hunters!!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
...... and the value is?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
No idea as I haven't filled the forms yet,will be nice to get a proper family tree out of it to

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Had another 2 company's sent packs out today,all saying 5%,all saying the same, once I've signed agreement they would tell me roughly what the estate is worth

Can't you search for an obituary and find out who is the executor of the will and contact them directly?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here