Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSFW- Spike Milligan shows pity on a stagecrasher..

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Legend.

I saw him at Sussex University. I was with a gf at time and we'd had a few drinks before the performance. He kinda encourages heckling which I joined in with only to be singled out and told to stand up. I wasn't going to argue. He harangued me for what seemed ages then with my face going redder he had me sit down to applause. He was a great.

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Legend.

I saw him at Sussex University. I was with a gf at time and we'd had a few drinks before the performance. He kinda encourages heckling which I joined in with only to be singled out and told to stand up. I wasn't going to argue. He harangued me for what seemed ages then with my face going redder he had me sit down to applause. He was a great.

Lucky guy.

To me, he’s THE comic legend. So many of the great comedians and comic actors after Spike name him as their inspiration. Ahead of his time.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Half way through his classic “Adolf Hitler, my part...” and has some genuienly LOL moments in it that you keep chuckling at for ages after”

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
To me, he’s THE comic legend. So many of the great comedians and comic actors after Spike name him as their inspiration. Ahead of his time.

Agree fully. In years to come he will still be identified as a one of, if not the, most significant comedy ground-breakers.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
They found this 1951 film a few years back. the pre Goons made it in Brighton with a Brighton Film Studio. I saw it at the Duke of Yorks. Well worth buying the DVD for footage of Hove and Brighton and the mad film itself.

Penny Points to Paradise. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0043913/

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have visited his grave more than once (hard to miss in one of the loveliest church yards in Sussex) nand it really does say

"I told you I was ill"

Genius.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
"...De La Warr Pavilion, a fine modern building with absolutely no architectural merit at all. It was opened just in time to be bombed. The plane that dropped it was said to have been chartered by the Royal Institute of British Architects with Hugh Casson at the controls and John Betjeman at the bombsight..." - Spike Milligan, from Adolf Hitler - My Part in His Downfall
:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here