Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knick-Knacks & Curios etc.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Have you any objects you treasure or despise (your other half's) etc.

Most of the things I have now I acquired myself or a gift from a sister/ma/gf etc

One of the things I have is a piece of the Berlin Wall given to me in a Lewes pub in 1989 just after it fell. I keep it in an old snuff box but it came to mind yesterday when discussing the general world situation with a neighbour. It must be a generational thing as I started talking with a fella in forties who "had to get on with cleaning car". The other neighbour cleaning his car stopped what he was doing for a chat - he's nearly 73 and probably meant more to him as he was ex military and personal protection.

Yoda

English & European
For a moment there I read that as Knick-Knacks & Churros. :dunce:
niknaks_packets.0.jpg

Churros-hz-FINAL-580.jpg

Back on subject, couple of coffee & cappuccino sets from Italy (1930's at on one of them) and a small painting that encompases 24k gold.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
The wife calls it clutter and she hides it for a month then, if no one notices or asks for it, it goes in the bin.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I have a handful of grass from Wembley from the behind the scenes tour I did circa 1977 in an old tobacco tin and a rock I took from the summit of Ben Nevis.

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
Have you any objects you treasure or despise (your other half's) etc.

Most of the things I have now I acquired myself or a gift from a sister/ma/gf etc

One of the things I have is a piece of the Berlin Wall given to me in a Lewes pub in 1989 just after it fell.

How do you know it isn't a piece of Portsmouth's Tricorn Centre car park? That was covered in graffiti too.

Mine is this trophy for "Services to Outbursts on Internet Chat Sites".

Trophy.jpg

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
How do you know it isn't a piece of Portsmouth's Tricorn Centre car park? That was covered in graffiti too.

Mine is this trophy for "Services to Outbursts on Internet Chat Sites".

View attachment 90063

Bloke who gave it to me had never been to Pompey besides the Tricorn wasn't knocked down until 2004. :thumbsup:

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
My Goldstone grass died.......... I was given a hook from the home players changing room, but I am not sure if it was a leg pull and really out of his cupboard under the stairs. Waiting for another to appear so I can compare.

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
Bloke who gave it to me had never been to Pompey besides the Tricorn wasn't knocked down until 2004. :thumbsup:

Looks like you got a piece of history there then.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
My Goldstone grass died.......... I was given a hook from the home players changing room, but I am not sure if it was a leg pull and really out of his cupboard under the stairs. Waiting for another to appear so I can compare.

E92402D7-03A6-4C76-A79D-2F21A29B2307.jpeg

From Goldstone dressing rooms now proudly up at home

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Looks like you got a piece of history there then.

Haven't really given it a second thought since I acquired it. Only when the subject came up I remember I had it.

It can probably be forensically examined to prove provenance but don't think it has any value as tons of the stuff was hacked down. Never checked its value.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here