Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rugby League. Castleford v Leeds.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
A little bit of help needed,just looking on the BBC sports pages and 'Leeds beat Castleford to win grand final' and yet Castleford finished top of the table by 10 points over Leeds,so what,s going on ? If you are top at the end of the season that's it surely ?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
A little bit of help needed,just looking on the BBC sports pages and 'Leeds beat Castleford to win grand final' and yet Castleford finished top of the table by 10 points over Leeds,so what,s going on ? If you are top at the end of the season that's it surely ?
It would appear not. But probably best to leave those egg chasers to themselves. Why a sport played in only 3 counties receives so much attention is beyond me. I would like to see stoolball in the limelight a bit more.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Not in Rugby League, they employ a play off system after the league season finishes (the further up the league you finish the later you join the play offs and the easier your path to the Grand Final is). Up until 1998 the play offs were an end of season show case rather than the main prize, but the advent of the Super League and Sky changed that.

Castleford will get the League Leaders shield given to the team who finish top of the table but the season belongs to Leeds for winning the Grand Final.

Imagine the Grand Final to be a northern version of the Super Bowl.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Eddie Waring used to make it for me. I'm not really interested in Super League. Bring back the oop and unders.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here