Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Davy Propper starts for Netherlands on ITV4 at 7:45

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
But although Propper wears the number 10 he does not play in the number 10 role for the dutch he plays further back. If you watch tonights game he is basically in the same position he plays for us.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

I havent watched the game and was basing this on the fact that he must get forward a lot more for them than for us but hopefully when Glenn is back that will change as he will give us more attacking options..

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Yeah, changing the position of a contender for September player of the month. Classic BG

I think BG has a very valid point in suggesting DP play further forward; however, I have a feeling the Manager is quite pleased with the relationship that Propper is forming with Dale Stephens and for that reason it might not happen unless circumstances or opposition dictate

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think BG has a very valid point in suggesting DP play further forward; however, I have a feeling the Manager is quite pleased with the relationship that Propper is forming with Dale Stephens and for that reason it might not happen unless circumstances or opposition dictate

This is compounded by the fact that we have nobody to take his place in midfield, with neither Kayal or Sidwell fit, had we it is possible it may have happened against Arsenal.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
This is compounded by the fact that we have nobody to take his place in midfield, with neither Kayal or Sidwell fit, had we it is possible it may have happened against Arsenal.

I hate to pee on you your parade BG but it wouldn't have mate.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I havent watched the game and was basing this on the fact that he must get forward a lot more for them than for us but hopefully when Glenn is back that will change as he will give us more attacking options..
Glenn in for Tomer just means that we'll probably play pretty much the same way; Glenn might be a slight improvement, but there ain't much in it.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Obviously you know more than me as I only speak from watching the games and what I might do if I was in CH position.

Personally, I agree with you BG and I threw that into the mix in a chat. I would like to see him further forward myself but Midfield partnerships take time to grow and I think CH just sees that partnership between Propper and Stephens coming along nicely

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
But although Propper wears the number 10 he does not play in the number 10 role for the dutch he plays further back. If you watch tonights game he is basically in the same position he plays for us.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
Much better to make silly suggestions rather than actually watch the game. :ffsparr:

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Propper scored twice playing in that role in his last game for Netherlands and CH didn’t change anything. Gross has been gaining plaudits and been nominated as one of the best players in the first full month of the PL season. Why would we change their roles? It makes no sense. Both are playing well for us in the positions CH wants them in, no matter how well Propper plays tonight against Everton I’d want him alongside Stephens and Gross in the number 10 role.

Netherlands are playing Everton?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
It’s great to see him scoring and that he’s capable of preforming a different role to the one he does for us. Its good that CH will have another option as a number 10 but right now we don’t need to consider it. Especially as Stephens and Pröpper are starting to build up an understanding.

Awesome when you consider Kayal to return and Sidwell in the wings.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
It’s great to see him scoring and that he’s capable of preforming a different role to the one he does for us. Its good that CH will have another option as a number 10 but right now we don’t need to consider it. Especially as Stephens and Pröpper are starting to build up an understanding.

Kante's just done his hamstring playing for France. With Morata also unlikely to be fit for the Palace game is this the start of the Croydon mob's luck turning?

Hope not.

Calling [MENTION=34942]Dr. No[/MENTION]

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
We favour 4-2-3-1 because we like to get our FBs REALLY far forward (plus have the slight skew left right of the formation)......... but I do sometimes wonder if when Bruno packs up we'll swap to a 4-1-4-1 and keep the FBs a bit more 'balanced' (not really defensive just a bit less extreme).

That could suit Propper and Gross.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
On that score what is the current injury situation...?

Baldock
Kayal
Sidwell
Brown?

Suspended

Hemed

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
On that score what is the current injury situation...?

Baldock - Hopefully will play for U-23s against Blackburn Rovers on Oct 16
Kayal - Hopefully will play for U-23s against Blackburn Rovers on Oct 16
Sidwell - Due back sometime in November
Brown? - Did you miss the Arsenal match?

Suspended

Hemed

See above.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wonder if, when the day comes that Bruno is no longer automatic 1st choice (January/February) will CH consider playing 3 CB by bringing in Hunemier or Goldson and playing March and Schletto as wingbacks.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I wonder if, when the day comes that Bruno is no longer automatic 1st choice (January/February) will CH consider playing 3 CB by bringing in Hunemier or Goldson and playing March and Schletto as wingbacks.

Bruno is invincible - he will be playing at 75...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here