Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ben White

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Getting rave reviews at Newport County. I know it's a few tiers down, but he seems to be improving quickly.

Is this youth investment going to start paying off across the next few seasons?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Getting rave reviews at Newport County. I know it's a few tiers down, but he seems to be improving quickly.

Is this youth investment going to start paying off across the next few seasons?

Hopefully

Seems he is currently playing in a back 3 which will broaden his experience

Yes saw him play at Crawley the other day, started at full back (left I think) then moved to CB for injury.

Impressed by his physicality for a youngster as he was kicking the Crawley strikers in the air with general approval from the ref (ie he knew the line). One to watch for sure

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Didn’t he get rave reviews for his debut for us against Colchester in the League Cup last season. He looks very promising, and still only 19. A 5ft 11 though he might fail the height test for a centre back.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
He's been getting excellent reviews all season at Newport. Looks like we've got a ready made replacement for when we sell Dunk for £50 million in the summer.

theboybilly

Didn’t he get rave reviews for his debut for us against Colchester in the League Cup last season. He looks very promising, and still only 19. A 5ft 11 though he might fail the height test for a centre back.

Height certainly isn't the #1 prerequisite for a central defender though obviously it's no bad thing to be six-foot plus. Our staff at Lancing will have long known if this lad has what it takes and seemingly he does. I think in a couple of years we might start seeing youngsters coming through regularly into the first team squad.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Words fail me. Is height really a big deal.

Height certainly isn't the #1 prerequisite for a central defender though obviously it's no bad thing to be six-foot plus. Our staff at Lancing will have long known if this lad has what it takes and seemingly he does. I think in a couple of years we might start seeing youngsters coming through regularly into the first team squad.

I wasn’t serious about the height of Ben White, it was more a reference to the Mat Ryan knockers who seem to think height is a big deal.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

After all they're the professionals paid to make decisions. You've got something there.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

I think Charlie Daniels is only 5ft 10 and Centre Half is his best position

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I think Charlie Daniels is only 5ft 10 and Centre Half is his best position

Chopper Harris wasn't very tall but frequently played centre back. No-one said he was too small, at least not to his face

heathgate

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 13, 2015
He's been getting excellent reviews all season at Newport. Looks like we've got a ready made replacement for when we sell Dunk for £50 million in the summer.
Naaaaah... we'll sell him to Bournemouth for £2.50.... like all our up and coming centre backs.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here