Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just read this on facebook

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Apologies if this is fixtures, but this sucks of being further away from the club...

Sad news, but I have been asked to close down the Seagulls TV YouTube channel at https://m.youtube.com/user/kuenwah which has 465 vintage videos of Brighton & Hove Albion. Now the club is in the Premier League, channels such as this are under increased pressure due to broadcasters. There are various tools to download YouTube videos if there are any in particular you wish to keep before shutdown tomorrow evening.

Shutdown will therefore be 08/10/2017

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Absolute joke.

So being in the Premier League means footage from pre Premier League needs to be erased? Like it never existed?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I’m assuming this has come from the club as they are now putting their own output out under “Seagulls TV”.

If it was copyright on the video itself, it would be taken down by YouTube on behalf of the rights holder, as happened with the NSC channel.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
All true. Sad times indeed. Thanks to everyone who has watched the videos or shown interest in the Vintage Videos I have posted on NSC down the years.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
It's this sort of thing that makes me despair of modern football sometimes. Pure greed. I wouldn't mind so much if this all this history was available elsewhere but those involved should hang their heads. Thanks for your efforts anyway.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
All true. Sad times indeed. Thanks to everyone who has watched the videos or shown interest in the Vintage Videos I have posted on NSC down the years.

Is it the club asking that you don’t use the Seagulls TV name?

If so, can you not just rename the channel?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I’m assuming this has come from the club as they are now putting their own output out under “Seagulls TV”.

If it was copyright on the video itself, it would be taken down by YouTube on behalf of the rights holder, as happened with the NSC channel.

I've emailed PB to find out why.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

This is an attempt to take down a whole channel rather than individual videos. I’m not completely sure what’s going on behind the scenes but I am guessing that broadcasters have contacted the club thinking that the Seagulls TV channel was being run by the club.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
This is an attempt to take down a whole channel rather than individual videos. I’m not completely sure what’s going on behind the scenes but I am guessing that broadcasters have contacted the club thinking that the Seagulls TV channel was being run by the club.

Pathetic if so. As [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] said surely if the channel has a name change there's not a lot the broadcasters can do as I asume they don't have copyright?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Is it the club asking that you don’t use the Seagulls TV name?

If so, can you not just rename the channel?

They haven’t. I think the issue seems to be with the content of the site rather than the name, although I was clearly using the Seagulls TV name before they were, so if anyone should be miffed over that it’s me.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Shall I change the name to Seagulls World or Seagulls Player?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Just pathetic and utterly petty. How much money do they (whoever they are) think they are losing by having a few of these channels on youtube? I'd hazard a guess at the square root of f**k all

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I think that's very unlikely. It's probably the club flexing their Premier League muscles.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here