Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wales v Rep of Ireland

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Have been bored silly with world cup qualifiers and have watched very little. However with so much at stake think this is one to watch

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I've become so disillusioned with international football I have to confess I'm not even sure what's at stake. Do the winners go into the playoffs or something?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Just seen Daryl Murphy on FF, am I thinking there's a bit of Roy Keane influence going on with that beard?
Should be a great game to watch.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
A potential humdinger. Bale missing is a leveller. Serbia not quite over the line either to top that group. Depends what kind of performance Georgia are willing to put in. There will be one second placed team out of 9 groups that will miss out on a play off place due to a lack of points/goals compared to the other teams.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Hopefully the fighting Irish win this and put the Principality back in its small town place. Remember their players in the dressing room or wherever whooping at the Iceland result and then trying to pass it off as non gloating.

Have that.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
A potential humdinger. Bale missing is a leveller. Serbia not quite over the line either to top that group. Depends what kind of performance Georgia are willing to put in. There will be one second placed team out of 9 groups that will miss out on a play off place due to a lack of points/goals compared to the other teams.

That seems silly.

You should have the same reward for second place - either make larger groups or have a play off semi between the two bottom teams

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Hopefully the fighting Irish win this and put the Principality back in its small town place. Remember their players in the dressing room or wherever whooping at the Iceland result and then trying to pass it off as non gloating.

Have that.
Completely with you on that one. I'll be cheering for Shane and Co on Monday.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Irish all the way for me. [MENTION=509]Cian[/MENTION] will be pleased

aberllefenni

Jan 15, 2009

Have that.

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

aberllefenni

Jan 15, 2009
I notice that England are 25/1 to win the World Cup. For those of you that don't understand betting, that means if you put £10 on you will lose £10.

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
As someone who is half-welsh, genuinely hope Wales get the 3 points and qualify through the playoffs - would be great to see Bale, Ramsey and co get the opportunity to showcase their immense talents on the greatest international stage of them all - whilst winding a few people up along the way as in 2016. Cymru am byth:rave:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
That seems silly.

You should have the same reward for second place - either make larger groups or have a play off semi between the two bottom teams

If Scotland drop points tonight then we'll know that the winner gets into the playoffs for sure. Otherwise relying on Greece dropping points against Gibraltar or Croatia and Ukraine drawing (a win for either side not good enough).

I do feel that if Ireland (or Wales) end up in 9th place then the draw/system has been a bit unkind. Results against bottom-placed sides don't count but Georgia are a very good 2nd-from-bottom side, and the 4 sides at the top being so evenly matched always meant that lots of points were going to be exchanged.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Portugal v Switzerland looks really good.

Ronaldo and co need to beat them to avoid the Playoffs which will include Italy.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Got a ticket for this. Can't wait, it should be good!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
If Scotland drop points tonight then we'll know that the winner gets into the playoffs for sure. Otherwise relying on Greece dropping points against Gibraltar or Croatia and Ukraine drawing (a win for either side not good enough).

I do feel that if Ireland (or Wales) end up in 9th place then the draw/system has been a bit unkind. Results against bottom-placed sides don't count but Georgia are a very good 2nd-from-bottom side, and the 4 sides at the top being so evenly matched always meant that lots of points were going to be exchanged.

Agree.

I know it's luck of the draw etc - but There should be a way around it.

There are enough international breaks ffs

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003
Got a ticket for this. Can't wait, it should be good!

How did you manage that? I'd have thought the locals in Cardiff would have been all over it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here