Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Porridge - 2017..........

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Just got in and started watching Porridge (2017) , the new series on BBC iplayer ........................

Is this some kind of sick joke?!???...........it is so unbelievably awful..........I just can't believe it.

It is one thing to try to remake a classic but to then produce such rubbish takes courage.............

Probably the worst attempt at televisual entertainment that I have had the misfortune to witness in at least a couple of decades........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Just got in and started watching Porridge (2017) , the new series on BBC iplayer ........................

Is this some kind of sick joke?!???...........it is so unbelievably awful..........I just can't believe it.

It is one thing to try to remake a classic but to then produce such rubbish takes courage.............

Probably the worst attempt at televisual entertainment that I have had the misfortune to witness in at least a couple of decades........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It really must be truly awful given the total lack of new funny and watchable comedy shows in revent years (Amanda Hart).

Why not just show repeats of the original Porridge.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
It was written by the writers of the original series, Dick Clement and Ian La Frenais. I was going to watch it but forgot. Seems I didn't miss much.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I seem to remember that a little while ago the BBC did a one off special of lots of tv shows such as ‘Are you being served’ and ‘Porridge’ etc and that I thought that the ‘Porridge’ one was the best. I’ll have a look at the new series although I can’t see it beating the original as that must be as near to TV perfection as you’re ever likely to get.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
You can't replace the original actors. Grouty and Fletcher's cellmate Robin Askwith? As well as the officers McKay and the fella from On the Buses and Last of the Summer Wine. After all even if it was written by the original writers you cannot replace the actors.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Got to agree it was dire. Turned over halfway through. Sacrilege to butcher a classic show like that, thought it was the Yanks that insisted on making inferior remakes.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
You can't replace the original actors. Grouty and Fletcher's cellmate Robin Askwith? As well as the officers McKay and the fella from On the Buses and Last of the Summer Wine. After all even if it was written by the original writers you cannot replace the actors.

confessions_of_a_driving_instructor.jpg :moo:

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Watched the first attempt earlier this year/late last year and thought it was absolute garbage. Would rather watch 'Not going out' which is saying something. Was truly amazed when I saw they had commissioned a full series. Whoever is in charge of comedy at the BBC should commit seppuku.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Lazy TV just re-cycling a comedy great and making it awful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here