Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's a sad inditement

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
...when the Miami Dolphins and St. Louis Saints fill Wembley more than England at the home of English football. Masses of empty seats tonight.

Says a lot about the state of English football and the rise of American football.

What do we expect from a ex palace as manager?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What is an Inditement ?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
You mean indictment?

Anyhow yes as much as I love England I'm a Steeler and would rather watch US football. Shame as I support England at all sports preferably Rugby Union.

Football is dire.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
After the South Africa shambles, I've never watched an England game with any real interest and certainly no passion. See them as a bunch of overpaid spoilt brats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The two best atmospheres I've seen live at Wembley in recent years were the friendly against Ghana when they gave them 20,000 tickets, and the qualifier against Poland - when they gave them 20,000 tickets. Both were electric.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
65K on a Thursday night isn't bad, imo.

I'm sorry but they're saying 50k on Radio5. 65k is bad but 50k pathetic. This is a national team with qualifying on the line tonight. England has a population of 50m+ yet Thursday night they should all be beering up? What's the country coming to?

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
It's bloody shocking...this is our national side...it should be full every time!
Took my son to see the Dolphins years ago just as American football was catching on. The highlight for me and loads of other men there was without doubt the cheerleaders. Can't remember the score but I'll never forget them. Would certainly brighten up a dull nil nil affair.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Good that you're there though. You've done your bit.

Nah done my bit over the years ....up to youngsters to take up the mantle now,

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I'm sorry but they're saying 50k on Radio5. 65k is bad but 50k pathetic. This is a national team with qualifying on the line tonight. England has a population of 50m+ yet Thursday night they should all be beering up? What's the country coming to?

It was 65K on Twitter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here